Throwback Sunday? Cleaning closets and found an old reloading log.

44hunter45

How long have I been a handloader? Before there was software and affordable personal computers.

I was digging around looking for an old hunt planning map I marked up in 1985. I found this old work-up graph for my hunting mate's rifle.:oops:
All I really remember about the experience was that the Kleingunther/KDF/Voere had a long magazine but a short throat. I ended up having to go to 145 grains to make this work.

The action was basically a proto A-Bolt push-feed with three lugs and 60° bolt throw.

I was a real pressure cowboy then. If the bolt didn't stick, we were good to go.

IMG_2833.JPG

How long have I been a handloader? Before there was software and affordable personal computers.

I was digging around looking for an old hunt planning map I marked up in 1985. I found this old work-up graph for my hunting mate's rifle.:oops:
All I really remember about the experience was that the Kleingunther/KDF/Voere had a long magazine but a short throat. I ended up having to go to 145 grains to make this work.

The action was basically a proto A-Bolt push-feed with three lugs and 60° bolt throw.

I was a real pressure cowboy then. If the bolt didn't stick, we were good to go.

View attachment 212264
Holy shit. You make graphs. mtmuley

Holy shit. You make graphs. mtmuley
Not anymore. I must have been trying to impress him with my skills. Now I would just ask him to buy the components and spend a day at the range.
In those days it was about how fast I could make it go before the bolt stuck.

Waiting for my LabRadar to arrive, I'm 4 weeks into their 12 week backlog. Then I might make graphs again and try to impress everyone on Hammer Time. :ROFLMAO:

What this graph really tells me is how cheap and available components were in 1985. I have other logs and they are worth squat because most of the components are unobtainium or just not as good as what we can get today.

I was retentive enough to sort my brass by weight, but didn't note any of the components? I think it was IMR 4831. Only because I used it for everything. No doubt CCI Mag Rifle primers for the same reason.

Back