Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Thoughts on this shot? - Tim Wells

botulism tasteless & odorless

You still can doesn't mean you will get sick from eating bad meat as even dead bacteria and mold can be toxic when eaten

I was in on the recovery of a rifle killed bull that was left overnight. Temps were teens and we found it at noon the next day. Lost 1/2 of it and I am not sure the Other half was 100 percent. It wasn't mine.
Years ago I learned to get a gutted elk off the ground if leaving overnight, even if it is on 3 inch branches or poles. It only takes about 4. I have done it with several solo. Others in my family have also.. we are all manly but not outrageously so. Just make a bed of big limbs or poles and roll or drag the elk on. Split the neck and take the windpipe out so the neck will cool. Prop the ribs open with a stick. I have never lost meat doing it this way. If we are coming back with horses we split them lengthwise while they are warm.
If you can't, for whatever reason, break it down. Never leave it on the ground whole especially in snow overnight.

I shot my bull with a bow this year, we weren’t sure if he was dead or not,and we didn’t want to jump him,so we left him till the next morning, he was perfectly fine

What's the purpose of shooting at an elk at 120 yards? Its all about his ego. There is so many variables taking a shot that far. If he really wants to prove how good of a hunter he is he should archery hunt using no calls, stalk in and only take shots under 20 yards. Arguably that would prove he is a better hunter than lobbing arrows at elk over 100 yards away.

What's the purpose of shooting at an elk at 120 yards? Its all about his ego. There is so many variables taking a shot that far. If he really wants to prove how good of a hunter he is he should archery hunt using no calls, stalk in and only take shots under 20 yards. Arguably that would prove he is a better hunter than lobbing arrows at elk over 100 yards away.
No idea why anyone would take a shot that far. But He apparently spear hunts a lot too. So he ends up within 5-10 yards pretty regularly to throw a spear. I'm guessing that'd he his counter arguement to your statement.

His video shows him chucking spears at running bison while on the ground.

Maybe bison don't hit bait piles.
I guess I'm not up to date on all the guy's video, not really a fan of his. The one I saw a few years ago was him in Texas somewhere perched up in a tree over a bait pile.

I guess I'm not up to date on all the guy's video, not really a fan of his. The one I saw a few years ago was him in Texas somewhere perched up in a tree over a bait pile.
Ya me either, the first I have seen of him was on this thread. See post #42 for the spear toss at bison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back