Caribou Gear

Thoughts on my CO 2nd rifle cow elk options

elkythoughts

I am looking to get a leftover cow elk tag for 2nd rifle. A bit last minute because I wasn't sure I had the time off for it this year.

After going over the list and looking at harvest statistics I think I'm deciding between gmus 12, 31, or 32. I hunted 12 for archery and spent about a week there plus a few more days scouting so I know the area fairly well whereas I've never been down to 31 or 32. But I know that 12 is supposed to be pretty overrun with crowds during 2nd rifle, so knowing the area might not do me much good if there's 30 dudes in my usual spot. 31 and 32 supposedly have wayyy less hunters, but I've only looked at elk hunters, not combo with deer. I will only have a few days to hunt so I'll be going from my truck each day and won't be able to get too far back and away from folks. Also leaning towards 31 or 32 because it's a shorter drive for me which potentially allows for more hunt days.

Anyone with familiarity of these units have any insight on they compare? I'm just trying to fill the freezer and am willing to deal with a busy unit if it gives me a better shot and more opportunities.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back