This years bounty from the garden...

I just saw our first flowers last night. Two years ago we never got a red one before the fall frosts came.

A few years ago we were going to have that issue (all green with a frost coming). We pulled all of the plants and hung them up in the garage by their roots (hanging upside down).

Over time many ripened and we had fresh tomato's into December. If there are enough on the plant to make it worthwhile - it works. Put a tarp or something below them though, cause it makes a bit of a mess.

Garden is starting to take off
View attachment 111451
Man those tomatoes look good!
Love some "real" tomatoes.
One of my favorite snack/meals is to toast white bread, smear on some miracle whip, big slices of mater's, sprinkle black pepper, oh yum!
Also on liverwurst sandwiches dripping with miracle whip and mater juice.
Oh yeah, for breakfast I love slices of garden tomatoes with white pepper gravy poured on top.
Not to mention blt's, burgers, sandwiches, etc.

My first ever attempt at gardening took a turn for the worse. All of my tomatoes got blossom end rot. I do have Several loaded pepper plants though.View attachment 144556
Add calcium to your soil to prevent blossom end rot. I use powdered milk around mine but egg shells work too. A little Epsom salt will help your tomatoes as well.

Onions and garlic did good this year drying them for the pantry. Pulled my first potato plant yesterday probably pull the others this weekend. 20200610_155357.jpg20200614_115753.jpg20200521_160240.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back