Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

THIS one got our attention!

Dave N

A little after 4:30 this morning I was rudely interrupted from my sleep by a huge crash. My wife started yelling for me and I thought maybe her bed had collapsed. Nope. Daughter have a seizure and hit the floor upstairs? Nope, she ran down to see what happened. Couldn't find anything wrong. Hmm... Went back to bed and looked around when I got up. Nothing to explain it. Just found out that we were the epicenter of a 3.6 earthquake! That was strange. No shaking involved, just a big bang.

We've had a couple in the past but I never felt them because I was driving or something and in all of our trips to Alaska we woke up once for no reason and found out later it was a small quake. Nothing else up there. Couldn't miss this one! Should be interesting on the news tonight!

Glad you're all safe, Dave! Interesting for sure that it was a bang with no shaking.
That's what the majority of comments said. Felt like something crashed into their house. They put the epicenter pretty much right under our house. Wondering if the old coal mine had something to do with it but they said 2.2 miles deep. Hell of a way to wake up!

The New Madrid fault line in Southern Illinois is not as active as the West Coast, but many say it will be a big one. Historically, it caused the Mississippi River to flow backwards! I remember a few when we lived in Illinois and I think we had to have earthquake insurance.

I was in a small one about 13-15 years ago in S. Indiana. Window rattled a little then stopped so I went back to sleep.

Glad you're all safe, Dave! Interesting for sure that it was a bang with no shaking.
Talked with our daughter when she got home tonight. She was getting ready for work when it hit and was the only one awake. She said it was the loud bang like something blew up and some shaking for a couple seconds. She had a couple things fall off a shelf. Watched the news and the weather guy talked about it and said that early in the morning most people probably slept right through it. We laughed out loud and said you had to be dead to miss it! :rolleyes:

Talked with our daughter when she got home tonight. She was getting ready for work when it hit and was the only one awake. She said it was the loud bang like something blew up and some shaking for a couple seconds. She had a couple things fall off a shelf. Watched the news and the weather guy talked about it and said that early in the morning most people probably slept right through it. We laughed out loud and said you had to be dead to miss it! :rolleyes:
The real shame is that it missed chicago and wasn’t like a magnitude of 10…

1990 when I was stationed at Clark AB in the Philippines we got hit with a 7.7 magnitude. Talk about shake, rattle and roll!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back