PEAX Equipment

They do exist!

kylemcintyre67

Public land piggies in Oklahoma. First one I've ever gotten. I tried to find a thread from 2 years ago where I was seeing sign but couldn't find pigs. One of you reccomend that I try calling. Came out here for spring break and brought a bluetooth speaker and an app. Paddled up a creek into a piggie looking area put the speaker in a tree at the base of a bluff where there was a small clearing. Set up above and played some sounds of a sounder feeding. In less than 15 minutes this solo sow came right in. I took the shot. Pork in the freezer. Thanks for tip. I have 2 more days this week to get out and try again.

Attachments

• 20210316_101324.jpg
    20210316_101324.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 85
  • 20210316_073543.jpg
    20210316_073543.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Congrats! Now I have to try this, but am a little hesitant to do so on public. Same reason people suggest to not gobble in the woods while turkey hunting. How confident do you feel that the pig came to the call vs just happened to be moving through the area?

Walking around with the noise of the sounder in your pocket would be a killer way to slip hunt.

I feel like it brought her in. I have been all over in that area and seen tons of sign but never a pig before this one. I think the fact that I came in via the creek and stayed close to it when I set up helped. It's impossible to move in there without making a ton of noise. I set the speaker away from my actual location, I dont want them coming right to me. Also this is an area of the wma that hasn't seen folks in quite a while. I'm pretty new to all this so I try to be overly cautious. I was worried when I was cutting it up another would come around so I cranked up some tunes on my phone.

No luck today, but I did catch my first fish ( on my own, fished with grandpa when I was little ).

Attachments

• 20210318_115624.jpg
    20210318_115624.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Back