Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Theron Saker Spotting Scope

SagebrushSlayer

I was wondering if anyone on Hunttalk has bought and used this spotting scope? I want to get a spotting scope for this fall and don't know jack about using them or what power spotters are better. Any info would be great, I am a total newbie on this. Example of when you have used spotters or how often you use them while hunting would be appreciated.

I am trying to stay in the $200-$400 range for a spotting scope. Thanks for all the help.

I have a theron spotting scope and it is awesome! I really like it and price is right! I bought the 60mm so could pack it around. I had it in New Mexico and Wyoming last year, very clear for sure!

There is a member here on Hunttalk that goes by Schmalts who has quite a bit of experience with Theron optics. He may be able to shed some light on it.

It's rumoured that he has experience with butless sleeping bags as well.

I use a Minox spotter and I'm happy with it, except when looking through Swaro or Zeiss spotters.

Thanks for the reponses, I was hoping that Schmalts might comment on the scopes.

Not so sure on the buttless sleeping bags....T Bone is this from a previous experience or (hind)sight :eek: ? lol

I tried looking for some reviews on them, I have been researching Vortex, Leupold, and Theron thus far. I will look in Minox as well. Thanks for the help, I think, unless T Bone is trying to push sleeping bags through Scmalts! :hump:

Sagebrush, don't let T-bone fool you, he is a stud...:rolleyes:
The Saker is a great scope considering the price point. for the price range your looking at I don't think you will be disappointed in the least bit. As a forum member here I can get you a better price than what you see on the website so just PM me.
Gerald Martin used it a lot as well last year on a goat and sheep hunt and agrees with highmountains opinion, he may chime in as well or PM him as he may not see this post.

Last edited:
Sagebrush, I've got the 15-45X60mm and love it. Here's a link to some pics I took through it.http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=244249

I don't think you'll get a much better price to quality ratio in the $200-400 bracket. I am good friends with a fellow who has had a lot more experience looking through high end optics than myself. Due to life circumstances he is in the cash poor category like a lot of us. We used my scope on our antelope hunt and he was impressed with the performance.

Its not a Swaro but I think its better than other scopes in the under $500 range.

Gerald took such good pictures on his hunts that his mug has become the poster child for that scope!
Pretty sad, I sell the darn things and my pictures suck compared to his

Gerald took such good pictures on his hunts that his mug has become the poster child for that scope!
Pretty sad, I sell the darn things and my pictures suck compared to his

That's ok. You can still be the poster child for assless sleeping bags.

Martin- Thanks for the help, nice pics of the animals you took. How far were you usually watching or taking photos from?

Schmalts- I will get ahold of you soon. Thanks for the leads of other HT customers

Sagebrush- The pics of the ram feeding were at @ 400 yards. The ram bedded was @ 250 yards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back