MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Thermal Hog Hunting

Otto Matic

"Unsportsmanlike Conduct"
...OR...
"Necessary Evil"
...OR...
"Required Maintenance"

Like them or not, at this point it's a resource that can sustain a tremendous amount of pressure and harvest.

They aren't native game animals, and I doubt it makes a lot of difference to a pig what time of day they are shot or what type of optics are on the rifle.

Like them or not, at this point it's a resource that can sustain a tremendous amount of pressure and harvest.

They aren't native game animals, and I doubt it makes a lot of difference to a pig what time of day they are shot or what type of optics are on the rifle.
At this point, feral hogs are at a point of no return. They can't be exterminated.

Everybody keeps saying put a season and a limit on them and they will disappear from the south! 😉!

I'm guessing the hog numbers on public land are not excessive.

I'm guessing the hog numbers on public land are not excessive.
Oh, the irony.
Actually, here in OK, ODWC has put signs all along the border, "No feral hogs allowed!"
So far they have worked wonders in keeping the OK feral hog problems down to a few, small marauding bands that only intrude during the hours of darkness. You know, "outta sight, outta mind!"
Texas is now posting "Wild Hogs Keep Out!" signs around all of their public hunting areas with good results.

Texas will soon pass a law that any "hunter possessing a hunting license and a semi auto, center fire rifle to access any property, public or private, in search of feral swine"
Those hunters will also be excused of any injured/crippled/dead livestock, gates left open, crops destroyed or downed fencing.
Landowners will be required to pay said hunters $100/day and $50/ea for any hogs shot.
Landowners will also be responsible for any injuries or losses incurred by said hunters at a minimum of $10k per incident.

Texas expects the feral hog problem in Texas be incheck by 9-1-2021 and to disappear by 1-1-2022.

Back