There's a marmot in my truck

There is a lesson to be learned here.
No, it's not how to help someone remove a rodent from an automobile.

It is that we lost a great opportunity to make a lot of money today.
If we could have convinced him to dip his privates in alfalfa juice and produce a video showing him dragging that thing out of the car while he shrieked in horror . . . that my friends, is internet gold.

There is a lesson to be learned here.
No, it's not how to help someone remove a rodent from an automobile.

It is that we lost a great opportunity to make a lot of money today.
If we could have convinced him to dip his privates in alfalfa juice and produce a video showing him dragging that thing out of the car while he shrieked in horror . . . that my friends, is internet gold.
I am not sure what to even say to that..... did that idea just pop in your head or have you just been saving that for a rainy day.... not sure which answer is better tbh

lmao wow this keeps getting better every time I check this thread

There’s song that keeps coming to mind... something about going to a rodeo... can’t quite remember

@teej89 you bring some wasp killer and bear spray. I'll bring beer and we'll meet at Adam's house. This is gonna be the real shit....

We can watch him get all geared up in his hazmat and gas mask, and we'll drink and stand by with the garden hose and .300 RUM.

Haha funny shit!

@neffa3 what was worse, belly crawling looking for your bear or looking under the truck for the marmot?

Mrs45 got a check engine light on her Volvo XC70. Mechanic found a rodent nest in the air filter box. Was cheaper than a new turbo.

I saw on some random news show tonight that rodents making nests in people’s cars has become a big problem with car being idle so much during COVID. Hadn’t really thought about that, but makes sense if they are kept outside.

Late night update.

2:15 this afternoon, time done, clothes packed, time to tackle this marmot situation. We were supposed to leave at three. I let the dog out. She immediately confirms the marmot is still in there. I go for the garden hose, and thoroughly douse it as best I can.

Stop and reassess the situation. Improvement. Marmot is now above the spare tire. Bad move varmint.

I lower the tire 3/4 of the way to the ground, the shorthair gets in there and gets a hold of it. Gives it a good shake, but drops it. Marmot bolts. I squeal. Marmot gets into the engine compartment.

I pop the hood, grab the Red Ryder from the 6 year old and jump on the front bumper. Spot the savage beast backed in a corner. At this point I'm not going to lie, it got to my head a little, marmot fever took hold, I forgot the ole red ryder doesn't load a bb unless the barrel is up. So I blast a half a dozen puffs of air in his face before he bolts under the engine next to the skid plate.

Both kids, the dog, and my wife are all assisting at this point, directing the firefight. Damn the bb we need more fire power! I ran for the pellet pistol, and wedged it up under there. The beast at this point knew this time was up and came at the barrel, teeth clacking like grizz in the alders. Thankfully that .17 pellet was up for the task and put the brute down just in time. The dog wanted grip and grins, I was too emotionally spent.

Late night update.

2:15 this afternoon, time done, clothes packed, time to tackle this marmot situation. We were supposed to leave at three. I let the dog out. She immediately confirms the marmot is still in there. I go for the garden hose, and thoroughly douse it as best I can.

Stop and reassess the situation. Improvement. Marmot is now above the spare tire. Bad move varmint.

I lower the tire 3/4 of the way to the ground, the shorthair gets in there and gets a hold of it. Gives it a good shake, but drops it. Marmot bolts. I squeal. Marmot gets into the engine compartment.

I pop the hood, grab the Red Ryder from the 6 year old and jump on the front bumper. Spot the savage beast backed in a corner. At this point I'm not going to lie, it got to my head a little, marmot fever took hold, I forgot the ole red ryder doesn't load a bb unless the barrel is up. So I blast a half a dozen puffs of air in his face before he bolts under the engine next to the skid plate.

Both kids, the dog, and my wife are all assisting at this point, directing the firefight. Damn the bb we need more fire power! I ran for the pellet pistol, and wedged it up under there. The beast at this point knew this time was up and came at the barrel, teeth clacking like grizz in the alders. Thankfully that .17 pellet was up for the task and put the brute down just in time. The dog wanted grip and grins, I was too emotionally spent.

Hahahaha the engine compartment!!! 😂🤣😂😂 Great stuff! Story of the year!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back