The Season of Stupid (& elk)

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
View attachment 302331
Should be in camp within 24 hours but had to finish putting on the roof rack tonight. The roads are gonna be bad this season and wanted to bring both spares but the bed of the truck was going to be to full with things like the blackstone and coolers.

Let’s get nasty! Wall tent life, here I come! With a bunch of nasty hell during daylight. 2nd choice, 4th season either sex elk tag. The boys are telling me I need to go for a bull since I am already a freezer and a half packed already…

I don’t like this feeling. I’ve always been, brown and down.
Bulls are cooler than cows, the boys are right

Meh. 100 is 94 more than I shot this year and 98 more than I shot last year. Do what you need to do!
I’m the same way at this point in my life. I shoot 2-3 rounds prior to the season to ensure the same zero is held, and that is it. I have aspirations to hand load some day so that might change, but we’ll see how feasible hand loading is when the time comes.

I’m the same way at this point in my life. I shoot 2-3 rounds prior to the season to ensure the same zero is held, and that is it. I have aspirations to hand load some day so that might change, but we’ll see how feasible hand loading is when the time comes.
I’m jealous. I need to shoot a fair amount to stay accurate to the level I prefer.

This is the first year in five that I have taken more than one shot at an animal. And some of those seasons I had 6-10 filled tags.

I got back to my truck around 6. Took off all hunting gear and started cursing quite a bit. I know this shit is hard and elk are hard to get… but to not see any elk in 5 days in the field. In multiple spots. Of varying terrain and food options. It’s maddening.

The season of stupid referred to the dumb shit we did to get elk. But I was starting to feel like it also referred to how $*)Q!#@$ dumb I was at finding these elk. For all the time I put in studying elk and elk behavior and time spent pouring over maps, this unit had stifled me once again.

I pulled my shit together and drove home, but I was a cranky MF that night. But ultimately had little time to wallow in my misery as I had to unpack the truck then load up camp for 4th season as I was taking camp up Saturday morning for deacon
And nary a tent was shanked.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back