Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The robots are coming for your honey hole!

This type of stuff has been posted here before….it guessed a campsite within 35 miles…lm not to worried if that is the best it can do….lol. I wish there was a link to try it out….I didn’t see one.

This type of stuff has been posted here before….it guessed a campsite within 35 miles…lm not to worried if that is the best it can do….lol. I wish there was a link to try it out….I didn’t see one.
I think most of us have at least partially adapted to this ahead of time, given how good some people are at locating photos of dead elk, etc. I know a local fishing guide who is an absolute master of taking photos of his clients without giving away locations, or lures used. But, no doubt it's going to get better and better. Fair warning to us all...

On a side note, my 16 year old LOVES that game GeoGuessr. It's a cool idea and of course, he's soaking up geography info like a sponge because of it; always talking now about how he'd like to visit this region of Indonesia, etc... So much better than yelling insults at strangers while they blast each other with rocket launchers!

I don't know about bots. My son is pretty good at geolocating from YouTube videos.
He and I have nailed a few fishing spots and done pretty well.
To me at least. There is a big difference between scoping out someone's fishing spot vs hunting spot.

I think most of us have at least partially adapted to this ahead of time, given how good some people are at locating photos of dead elk, etc. I know a local fishing guide who is an absolute master of taking photos of his clients without giving away locations, or lures used. But, no doubt it's going to get better and better. Fair warning to us all...

On a side note, my 16 year old LOVES that game GeoGuessr. It's a cool idea and of course, he's soaking up geography info like a sponge because of it; always talking now about how he'd like to visit this region of Indonesia, etc... So much better than yelling insults at strangers while they blast each other with rocket launchers!
I agree …I do it all the time for places I see fishing YouTubers at and I’m pretty good at this as well. This is why many YouTube people stopped putting in the states they are hunting now :)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back