Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The Ranching Economy

Antler radar guessing u have income or access. But its a joke. If tax payers new the deal. Yes ranchers should thrive. But if they do not alliw public acces nothing. Choose allow public access or u on your own.

Antler radar guessing u have income or access. But its a joke. If tax payers new the deal. Yes ranchers should thrive. But if they do not alliw public acces nothing. Choose allow public access or u on your own.
Not sure where you are going. but if last years statists are similar to 2019, nearly one tenth of the bull elk killed in 2020 with the 799 tag were taken on or packed out across our property.

Cool. Just of what iam saying is. Its all related. Public acces should be #1. Take away govt money to ranches. Which is tax payers. Sink or swim good luck. Or work together. Fairley. Be honest about it.

Meant to reply to this post earlier. But if that holds true I should be able to host a BBQ on anyone’s back patio who received a stimulus check, or received a government rebate on their solar...

No. Private property. U dont have permission then that would be trespassing. Dont recommend it

ART SKYD DONT KNOW WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT. BUT IF U GO TO SOMEONES HOUSE U MIGHT BE SHOT IF U DO A RANDOM BARBEQUE. JYST HEADS UP.

ARE U SAYING STIMULUS IS WHAT RANCHERS GET EVERY YR AND THE COMMON MAN JUST THIS CRAZY 20/21 OR EXPLAIN.

MY THING WAS WORK WITH THE PUBLIC AND GET GOVT/STATE HELP OR CHOOSE NOT TOO AND NO HELP. AS A LAND OWNER. SEEMS REASINABLE ENFORCEABLE AND FAIR FOR TAX PAYERS.

It is billion pounds not million pounds
No its head....Beef cows, at 31.2 million head, were down 1 percent from a year ago. Texas has the most beef cows in the United States in 2021 followed by Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska & South Dakota.

In terms of pounds the US produces about 25 billion pounds of beef per year
for chicken its about 40 billion pounds per year.

No its head....Beef cows, at 31.2 million head, were down 1 percent from a year ago. Texas has the most beef cows in the United States in 2021 followed by Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska & South Dakota.

In terms of pounds the US produces about 25 billion pounds of beef per year
for chicken its about 40 billion pounds per year.
So when you typed 25 million pounds it was a typo?

ART SKYD DONT KNOW WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT. BUT IF U GO TO SOMEONES HOUSE U MIGHT BE SHOT IF U DO A RANDOM BARBEQUE. JYST HEADS UP.

ARE U SAYING STIMULUS IS WHAT RANCHERS GET EVERY YR AND THE COMMON MAN JUST THIS CRAZY 20/21 OR EXPLAIN.

MY THING WAS WORK WITH THE PUBLIC AND GET GOVT/STATE HELP OR CHOOSE NOT TOO AND NO HELP. AS A LAND OWNER. SEEMS REASINABLE ENFORCEABLE AND FAIR FOR TAX PAYERS.
All I was saying is that government subsidies don’t entitle the public to access private property, even the general public receives government subsidies (taxpayer money).

And I believe several states already have programs to work with land owners to get access to private property. From what I have read on them they would be able to entice more landowners to join the programs if they had bigger budgets to have better incentives. I am sure there are several subsidy programs that are outdated and could be reformed to do so. But you can’t tie all subsidies to a yes or no just based on hunting access, to many factors mainly based on government manipulation of markets and policy both nationally and abroad.

I dont no, iam not a smart guy. Maybe it should be a simple yes/no. Ranchers livelihood is cattle, crops ect. A benifit would be if u allow access ( u get state/govt help) if not good luck. Hope u know how to swim. Seems fair. I dont know all the numbers or subsides but a simple yes/no and fair partnership between public and private seems fair. I get it. Its there land, they can do as they choose. But its our tax dollars. Its not like they are the only ones that can farm crops or cattle.

The reason for the subsidies and farmer welfare is because our government wants cheap food for its people.
This is absolutely correct, and cheap(er) food was probably an appropriate objective when we started down this road. Decades later, in a country where the USDA estimates 30-40% of the food supply is wasted and the CDC says over 42% of us are obese with another 31% overweight, it seems like a good time to ask . . . what are we incentivizing with these artificially low food costs?

Thought this might apply here or should this be in the Texas is freezing over thread?

Attachments

• 9C446FEC-5F68-4F47-955F-3FFC49D97976.jpeg
    9C446FEC-5F68-4F47-955F-3FFC49D97976.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 22
This is absolutely correct, and cheap(er) food was probably an appropriate objective when we started down this road. Decades later, in a country where the USDA estimates 30-40% of the food supply is wasted and the CDC says over 42% of us are obese with another 31% overweight, it seems like a good time to ask . . . what are we incentivizing with these artificially low food costs?
Insulin manufacturers.

Back