The Most Alaska Way to Meet One's Fate

A few years ago I was riding home from work and saw a nice buck in the middle of the road and the young lady who hit the deer was trying to get close to it while crying, a cop showed up saw my vest and bike and asked if I hit the deer and I told him what happened. We were able to get the lady away from the then the officer dispatched him ad she went crazy.
When you have as many deer as we do your always on the look out. If not .........

In 2015 I hit a 2 point Whitetail on Hwy 200 near Potomac. I was riding my Goldwing 1800. The deer came out of the ditch on a full run and I hit him at 70 mph. Killed the deer, broke my big toe and bruised my left leg. I didn't go down and coasted to a stop and was able to get the kick stand down and shut the bike down. The radiator was leaking and fiberglass all over the place. $5,200.00 in damage to the bike. A trip to the ER for me. Got the bike back as good as new and have a little 54000 miles on it still going strong.

SWhacko man. Running into a moose on a snogo is another interesting thing. This is probably more likely to happen to me than hitting one with a vehicle.

One of our technicians was riding his motorcycle to work and came across a scene where a car had hit a buck. As he was slowly riding past the scene, the buck came to life, attempted to jump over him, and broke his neck. He’s been paralyzed for years. Great guy. Terrible.

Back