Yeti GOBOX Collection

The last day 2020

Doublecluck

Last day of 2020! What a year! I don’t even want to talk about it. It’s effected us all.

On this day, the last day, my daughter #3 and I are in route to a warm water slough just outside a small town in Montana. New retriever laying across the back seat. I fully expect a couple thousand greenheads to be roosting it and we’re gonna run em off, toss out some Dakota fully flocked decoys and get em when they come back to water after feeding. The proceeds of the hunt will be marinated in jalapeño juice, wrapped with a slice of jalapeño, a dollop of cream cheese, a strip of bacon with a toothpick and cooked to medium on the grill. Enjoy them this evening with a Montana craft beer (bent nail maybe) sitting by the fireplace.

what are you doing to end it?

Cheers you made it thru! Drive safely and have a happy new year.

Last edited:
Working and then spending some quality time with the family. Then after the kids go to bed loading the truck up for a mixed bag hunt in the am. Hoping to shoot a doe, some ducks, and if I’m lucky a pheasant. I guess a coyote maybe as well but I doubt I’ll pull the trigger if still waiting for the deer. We shall see...

Working and thankful to have a job through it all. Here's to brighter days, new adventures and dream tags. Happy New Year to all!
I will mirror this!

The COVID has left a pile of people/businesses hurting throughout this great country and throughout the world. Some family members and friends are no longer with us and they will be missed.

I have hopes that this new year provides a light that will guide us all to better days and out of this dark abyss.

"Happy New Year" to all!

Mtnhunter1

Sitting at the bar in my kitchen watching a cold rain out of the window, reflecting on what a crazy year this has been, and finishing up some end of month and end of the year tasks for work on the laptop.

My reflections on this past year have me counting my blessings and being very thankful for the health of my family and friends through this pandemic and also feeling very blessed to have a decent job that allows so much flexibility during the fall and winter that it allows me to purse my outdoor passions.

I am hopeful that 2021 will be a great year for everyone.

Happy New Year!

I came in to work at 6 am and am planning to duck out 3 hours early at noon to get the dog out chasing roosters one last time. Then I’ll take my wife out for supper probably.

Last edited:
Over 6" of rain here last night and this morning so far and still raining. Getting ready to head to daughters house in Louisiana to ring in the new year.

Just to let everyone know next year will be designated as 2020 Won

When you are retired, all days seem to merge into a continuous Saturday, one day is the same as another, regardless of the calendar. The hardest part for me is to write the date. I haven't even gotten used to 2020 and now I need to start writing 2021...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back