PEAX Equipment

The hits just keep coming.......

Sorry to hear that DS. Is it the deputies handling the investigation or was your piece o land inside city limits? Hope they can at least find out who it was and prostitute er, I mean Prosecute them and send them to jail for a bit.

It was just outside the city limits, but they immediately brought in detectives and tried lifting prints and secured eveidence for the crime lab. I got the impression they were taking it VERY seriously, as my area is not high crime.

Rick, I guess that is a matter of opinion ;)
Hell, after surviving Afganny rebels sabotaginging our wall tent at 10,000 feet the day before we were to camp in a blizzard high in Wyoming, Me and Acon can overcome this little hurdle no doubt! ;)

Well, I better quit typing and get to work....we got a saddle to pay for!

A fella that can cook as good as you, DS, can't be held down. Just do a fund-raising cookout in the parking lot of the local Walmart, and you would be outfitted in style!

HeHehe......yeah, Rick, I can honestly say I have cooked for close to 30 folks from this board in camp at one time or another......it is amazing how quickly the years and hunts and memories rack up.

Check this out Rick.....I am taking my fiancee' in with me and Acon on the New Mexico pack in! I figure there is no better way to test her salt, right?!
hump.gif

She is the best friggin cook in the world and has already applied for the job of camp bitch, so I gave it to her on default knowing that Acon had no credentials to match hers :eek: .......and she loves to ride and hike and the outdoors in general and has always wanted to do a backcountry packin....so it just seemed like a good idea.....um, I hope I am saying that in a few weeks
footinmouth.gif
She has never seen an elk and thinks she may be a little afraid of letting one coming bugling in at close range......I told her she could watch from a distant mountain :D ....anyways.....whatyathink?.....crazy idea or what!......I said I would never marry again unless it was to someone more excepting of my outdoor pursuits......we'll see
hump.gif

....I promised Acon NOTHING would interupt our hunt and she says she fully understands that, .......cause prioritys are prioritys and there is no room for whiners back in 15 or 20 miles.....I'll leave her by the trail if need be.....been waitin' on this tag too long! I figure the tag would be harder to replace, right?!
elkgrin.gif

hehehe......I guess you already figured out she doesn't know the link to this board! ;)

That's great, Mark! My wife loves to camp, hike and so on. She's not much into hunting, but has no problems with it. She has this left eye dominant-right handed thing going, so she doesn't even want to plink - but hey, that just means all the guns are mine! Quite a positive change from the ex, who didn't like me to be involved in anything that did not have her at the center of it!

Sounds like you've got a keeper, DS - and that just might be harder to replace than the tag! :eek:

Mine uses both hands most of the time, and I never really notice which eye gets it the most...um...er,,...this post might should have gone to the adult joke section! :eek:

Seriously though, I am VERY hopeful this next chapter of my life will be very pleasant and enjoyable......

Sorry to hear of your theft DS. You have a very positive outlook which will drive you to succeed once again. You need this hunt to help clear your mind for the future. Go for it and get that big ol bull you mentioned. Best of luck to you.

D.S.
Man I have missed a lot as I have not been on here for a while. My condolences to ya man on all aspects. Hey! I have got an old Dwight Shu pack in perfect shape with a peak one pack frame you can have. I didn't like it cause it wouldn't pack the kind of weight I needed it to. It will pack around a hundred or 120 max. E-mail me your address and I'll send it out. It is fleece material with vinyl lining. I got a pair of new Leupold binos you can have too. Dude, if you need anything you can think of at all, let me know. Like someone said earlier, we're all family here.
grouphug.gif

DS :D :D Thats some funny chit! Glad to see the bastards didn't make off with your sense of humor! Good idea "test driving" the g-friend in the outback, I did that with mine as well and now its 3 kids and 14 years later (she made the cut
hump.gif
).

Best of luck to you and A-Con...nail a big one and dedicate it to those pukes who ripped you off!

Damn Raybow, what a fine gesture. You think you have missed a lot...I have been AWOL from here dealing with one bad turn after another. But I don't know, I am stoked now beyond any bad luck bringing me down. I guess it is because the only real bad thing was the death of my son. I am moving past that. But the divorce, the theft of my suburban, the burglary......man, that shit is small stuff. ....the air reeks of fall, and the high country is calling, and THANK GOD ACon ignored me when I said back in the spring that I didn't want to put in for any draws. We already had apps filled out and ready to go, and when I said I was opting out, he paid for and sent the group app in anyway...and now months later I am more pumped than I have been in years about chasin' bulls with sticks and strings! Ya talk about theraputic! Nothing to revive a man's sould like the backcountry in the fall!

Thanks for the vote of Confidence Bill and Marv......hopefully we'll have good pix for ya....that is if Acon has cameras and such to get our Kodak moment....yepper,you guessed it...lost two movie cameras and my still camera and zoom lenses. Those little throw away instamatics take pretty good pics don't they? ;)

You bet, Indy. Be thinking about that hunt we talked about. If this hunt goes well in a couple of weeks, I may just throw that November Co elk hunt together. I'll know for sure when I get back in about 3 weeks or so. Until then, call it tentative ;)

[ 08-17-2004, 10:34: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]

You got it DS.... if we don't talk before, we'll certainly hook up when you get back from your upcoming hunt! One way or another, we need to hook up sometime before the snow flies even if it's just to shoot the breeze and drink some Fat Tire!

Sounds like a real good plan Indy!

Thanks JB! I guess your broadheads are sharpened and you have a big ol' buck picked out??? ;)

JB is hunting the same area I am, in New Mexico. He was kind enough, though, to go first and scout out the area for me. Naturally, he'll leave the biggest bull for me and my muzzleloader, and won't disturb him with his bow. :rolleyes: Right.....

Tell JB to use bright red fletching on his arrows so you will easily be able to spot the bull he marks for you ;)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back