The End

Have you responded to this topic?

• If you’ve sent a SINGLE moderator request regarding this topic…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delete your user account and renew membership to either crybaby.com or NAMBLA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d agree with all that except the last paragraph includes both parties controlling their ranks and getting put “on notice” if they step out of line.

Certainly both parties expect loyalty. I'd argue that presently it is the GOP that is imposing a singular view on its members.

The Democrats have some disunity right now regarding how to handle the Israel/ Gaza situation. There have been protest votes against Biden. There has been no retribution threatened for the difference of opinion. Consider the last two years of GOP majority in the House. The election of McCarthy as the speaker, was embarrassing to watch. He made his deal with the devil, but...man how will that look a hundred years from now in the history books.

Look in this thread how "rino" is used as a pejorative. I am unaware of a similar insult hurled by democrats at fellow democrats. I mean, what's up with that, if not to force group think.

Curious if you think the left has moved?
I would say that the “extreme left” has moved so far “left” they consistently redefine the far edge of the game board.

I would say the “moderate left” moved right with Clinton and the “moderate right”. moved left with the “Bushes”.

I would say the “extreme right is exactly where they started, which was not a good place, but they seemed a bit out of sight out of mind back in the day.

The bulk of Trump nation is not left or right, but nationalistic populists - which is an odd mix of stuff that has been historically left or historically right - glued together by a complete distrust of systems and institutions with a fascination with conspiracies. Hasn’t really moved left or right, but has “emerged”.

Last edited:
I had to shovel a shit ton of snow today by hand so it doesn't melt into my basement window wells and come into the basement sucked a lot!
Thanks Obama, Trump, and Biden!

I would say that the “extreme left” has moved so far “left” they consistently redefine the far edge of the game board.

I would say the “moderate left” moved right with Clinton and the “moderate right”. moved left with the “Bushes”.

I would say the “extreme right is exactly where they started, which was not a good place, but they seemed a bit out of sight out of mind back in the day.

The bulk of Trump nation is not left or right, but nationalistic populists - which is an odd mix of stuff that has been historically left or historically right - glued together by a complete distrust of systems and institutions with a fascination with conspiracies. Hasn’t really moved left or right, but has “emerged”.

Mostly agree, but the "extreme" left has always been around under one name or another.

Gus Hall ran for president almost as often as Harold Stassen. Both from Minnesota...not certain what that might mean.

Mostly agree, but the "extreme" left has always been around under one name or another.

Gus Hall ran for president almost as often as Harold Stassen. Both from Minnesota...not certain what that might mean.
I agree, but in their most recent form they have viewed pushing the Overton window for the sake of virtue signaling as their primary cause.

To your point. No one took Duke seriously on the national level, but he got 0.05% of the vote.

I would say they “extreme right is exactly where they started, which was not a good place, but they seemed a bit out of sight out of mind back in the day.

The bulk of Trump nation is not left or right, but nationalistic populism - which is an odd mix of stuff that has been historically left or historically right - glued together by a complete distrust of systems and institutions with a fascination with conspiracies. Hasn’t really moved left or right, but has “emerged”.
Yes, pretty much sums it up. I’m a registered independent that has voted down both isles during both local - national races. I definitely lean right but since the Russia hoax, Covid, twitter files, justice dept, etc I’ve grown more leery than I previously was of our institutions and I’m not afraid to say that. I grew up with 2 different neighbors being FBI agents. I grew up bleeding red, white, and blue believing in all our institutions. Sure has changed as I get older and wiser. Maybe I’ve swung too far sometimes but I’m not seeing a lot to tell me I’m wrong. Each day seems to bring more info to enforce they are all worthless.

On another note, I think we need to stop with the whole conspiracy labeling though. It seems the difference between a conspiracy theory and truth is about 6-8 months. The number of conspiracies that we have found out to be true over the last 7 years is pretty freaking high. Conspiracies grow and take root because of a lack of transparency, and our govt has become less transparent and honest every year.

Everyone can flame away, I’m ready.

You nailed it with this, unfortunately the Vikings still suck.

I think you nailed the "Trump nation" situation. Although I agree with @Bullbrl seems like more a disgust with how often we're lied to and how ineffectual many institutions are then a fascination with conspiracies or any love of anarchy.

On another note, I think we need to stop with the whole conspiracy labeling though. It seems the difference between a conspiracy theory and truth is about 6-8 months. The number of conspiracies that we have found out to be true over the last 7 years is pretty freaking high. Conspiracies grow and take root because of a lack of transparency, and our govt has become less transparent and honest every year.
I think saying all the conspiracies have been found to be true is awfully generous, the truth has just been been found to exist in a grey area that the institutions/media don't allow. Like everything, the loud voices are all black or white and everybody who can recognize the nuance is calling BS.

I think saying all the conspiracies have been found to be true is awfully generous, the truth has just been been found to exist in a grey area that the institutions/media don't allow. Like everything, the loud voices are all black or white and everybody who can recognize the nuance is calling BS.
Where did I say all conspiracies?

Where did I say all conspiracies?
On another note, I think we need to stop with the whole conspiracy labeling though. It seems the difference between a conspiracy theory and truth is about 6-8 months.
I guess that's how I took this statement, but perhaps I read too much into your statement. I can't think of a single one that's been proven 100% correct, but on the flip-side rarely has the main counter-narrative proven 100% correct either.

The number of conspiracies that we have found out to be true over the last 7 years is pretty freaking high.
That implies a huge number of "true" conspiracies. I think it's prudent to be more specific if you are to conspire in conversation about conspiracies, esp those more prevalent. Be aware when you say the word ... many jump to QANON and you get the kook label. Specificity is the lifeblood of precise communication and verification.

Sometimes when I go hunting for many days and cannot shower, I start to smell like a large red onion that’s been sitting in the crisper for a few too many weeks. Thoughts?

I think Muley Freak solves that problem with Klean Freak wipes. They are supposed to leave you smelling “freakishly fresh.” If you would get to the point of smelling like old broccoli, I don’t know if they would help.

I have never tried them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back