The Cliffs of Seduction

I had lots of time to reflect on this adventure after completing my 25hr drive back home. I elk hunted for a week prior with no luck, then jumped right into Gerald's goat hunt, this old body needs some rest. Four days and long nights of heavy packs and long steep hikes were pretty grueling, but I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else, this goat country we were in was absolutely stunning!
I'm blessed to have been a part of this adventure and spend time with great friends... I'm starting to loose track of the number of pack outs Gerald and I have been on now. Hard to believe a bear hunt in 2014 was the start to forming great friendships, experiencing adventures together; and leaving life lasting memories! It was my pleasure to be there with all 4 of these great guys, and I'll be there again for any of them anytime!

Gerald approaching the glassing knob, 5mins later goats were spotted and the predator mode switch was flicked on!
tempImageJb1Ki0.jpg
View from glassing knob with the spotter on goats.
tempImage1qSp4W.jpg
After shots rang out, it was a long haul from the glassing knob up to the kill sight. I arrived just before dark stating "this is my first and last goat hunt"🤣, then helped Gerald and Ross break down the goat and pack it off the steep rocking terrain. There wasn't room on that ledge for more than 3 guys and a goat, so Randy and Ed stayed a few hundred yards below and built a fire waiting on us.
tempImageVEqUb2.jpg
Did I mention heavy packs...
tempImageMhIfdr.jpg
Over the last 8 years these 3 have been lucky enough to harvest goats and accompany each other on each of their goat hunts!
tempImageiSdP2S.jpg

Now that the dust has settled, and a nights sleep in my own bed, I'm thinking that wasn't my last goat hunt :sneaky:.
Lastly, a big thanks to Gerald's wife and family putting up with a bunch of grimy goats hunters.

The troops are assembling for the great conquest into the mysterious cliffs of seduction. Low country boil is simmering, cold ones are being sipped, packs are being perfected in high spirits with anticipation of a grand adventure that begins tomorrow morning.

Inspired by celebrated author and cat walking recluse R. “WhiteSatin”Hodges, we are attempting to lure a mature billy to an untimely demise with unique and unorthodox hunting methods. We expect nothing less than spectacular success with his ground breaking tactics and goat mimicry.

I found a few billys while scouting this past summer. The views are spectacular, the company is questionable, the trek is arduous and all of us are ready to spend time away from work and in the high country.

The adventure begins!View attachment 239669View attachment 239670View attachment 239671
Low Country Boil has me reminiscing of my S. Carolina days... we would add artichokes, blue crab.... Dump it all in the middle of a picnic table covered in newspaper and FEAST.....

Awesome story, hunt, goat, pictures, country and friends. Glad I found this thread after the hunt completed so I could read it uninterrupted, didn't have to get antsy waiting for updates:)

I don't know if that's a great billy or not, but it is one hell of a great story. Cool pics too!
Thanks for the tour.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back