Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

The Chukars won this wekend!

Idaho Ron

This weekend stunk!
I went with a friend to a spot that should have been good on Saturday. The temp was 18 degrees with a 30 mph wind. All I got was froze. Gretta got a point on some huns late in the day but it was dark enough with the cloud cover I could not hit them.
Today I went to a canyon not far from home. We had a very light wind right in Gretta's face. She found a nice bunch and she had a good point and I managed to do my part.
fa7bc195.jpg

fa7bc18e.jpg

Then I think she lost her mind. She found a bunch of birds and went on point. She was about 300 yards out so when I didn't see her for a while I had to go look. I found her on point.
fa7bc180.jpg

I was almost to her when she must have seen the birds running because she broke point. I did not shoot any of these birds and I went over and put her on whoa where she screwed up.
At this time the wind changed a bit and it was coming from the canyon. Gretta found a covey right on the lip of the canyon. I knew there was a small bench below her so i had to shoot the birds fast to keep them from going over the edge. This picture is the point from the top. The bench is below about 30 yards.
fa7bc18c.jpg

I walked up birds flushed and they got out too far on me. I shot a pair but they both went over the edge. I hit the whistle and kept her steady and I went down. I was right I let them get too far and they went over.
After that my luck got worse. The wind dropped all together. Gretta blundered right into two more coveys. As soon as they flushed she went on whoa by her self. I think she just didn't smell them in time.
The only good bird work she had was on two coveys and we saw 9 coveys of birds. Maybe next time this puppy will get lucky and we will get a better wind. Ron

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-23-2003 19:45: Message edited by: Idaho Ron ]</font>

Ron,

Great pics. With the exception of the vertical drop, it looks like some user friendly terrain there. I'm dying to get out again but I've been chained to the work desk all weekend!

You guys and your chukars. Ron those first pics looked pretty flat for chukars, that must be nice. Keep writing stories with pics. Good Luck, JLG.

Thanks for the reminder 37. It is easy to forget when they have a weekend like the week before. She had tons of points and acted like a finished dog. The next weekend she is a pup again.
Ron

Ron- Are most women unpredictable?
wink.gif
Wonder if I could get my wife to wear a shock collar?
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back