The Camelback

Elkhunter

By far the best! This year I used one for the first time and loved it. I was able to take a drink, big or samll anytime I wished without having to stop and get some refreashment out of my pack. It holds 100 oz. of fluids which I found to be more than enough for a day of hunting. Mine has several pockets on it for my tags, knives, rubber gloves and camera. When I got hot, I was able to attach my sweatshirt to it. My only reget about it is that I did not get one years ago. I also have a fannypack version for anytime I want to switch and give my shoulders a break.

FLIPPER

100 ozs of water...GPS...extra clothes, geeeez....I think you had better line me up with a horse and a pack mule to rent :D

And one more thing, why are we tying up the horses??? I was under the assumption we were hunting from the horses
:D

BTW...I sent in my info for my 2003 Wy elk regs and application today ;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-20-2002 11:43: Message edited by: FLIPPER ]</font>

Elkhunter

Hahaha.......

I found that I only had to fill it every other day. Although the day I got my elk, I wish it was more than 1/2 full. I sipped on it all the way to camp and when I hit camp it was empty.

The non-res apps come out around mid to late December. Let me know if you do not get one and i will get you one.

Muledeer4me

I have two of the smaller bladder pack's that I use in my pack,I was thinking about getting the hose that goes with it.
It sure beat's digging it out and stuffing it back in the pack.
I have been thinking about getting the camelback for when Im doing long ATV ride's.

ELKCHSR

I got one during fire season, it is so great to be able to drink when needed when on the run, with out haveing to take off the pack. I also bought a couple extra bladder bags from wally world for $10 each. They all work well when camped in those areas where water is not close. Ridgetops and what not. One can't alway's camp in very desirable location. That way I have the extra water needed for extended stay's.. :D

Elkhunter

We can get them here at yard sales for like $5. The fanny packone that LB got for me was brand new and she only paid $5 for it. This year we saw them nearly every weekend for real cheap.

Muledeer4me

You guy have great yard sale's.
When Steve hear's that I see a vacation in my future. :D
I can tell him he can hit all the good yard sale's all over the country.
We take 3 week's off a year,all hunting.
Im not really bitching (cough ,cough)but a nice slow trip would be nice.
Steve is a yard sale junkie, hmmmm this might work.

:D :D
He get's to hit the yard sale's, I get to hit the latte shop's .LOL
I will looking for those at yard sale's now.
Thank's for the idea.

Elkhunter

I like the ones that have the pockets in them so I can use it like a day pack also. I retired my day pack this year when I used the Camelback. My buddy has one but has no pockets in it and wants one like mine now. The fanny pack one has a pocket big enough for my knives and a small snack.

Yeti

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdubroc