• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

The best excuse

BuzzH

Just a completely hypothetical question but lets see who can come up with the best excuse to this dilema:

Lets say you applied for a limited tag, we'll say a sheep tag for argument, for 20 plus years. You have all summer to scout, you dont really work in the summer either, but lets just say you do have a real job and 3 weeks vacation. You own horses, know some truly good outfitters in your sheep area and can get great info. You supposedly have photos of a 200 inch ram you took earlier in the summer. The hunt is all but over because you spent one week to scout, and all your available weekends and have 2 weeks to hunt plus weekends if you dont score in the 2 weeks.

Now the question: What excuse would you have for shooting a small sheep and why would you if you had a 200 incher all scoped out?

Tom

I was so focussed on nailing the 200 incher, I didn't notice that other one walking in front of him through the scope. There were rams all over the place and I had to shoot before they took off. How's that?

D

Deerslayer

" there was Jim Beam waiting at the house and It meant more to me than any damn sheep!"

"I had a trophy Cow truck hunt to go get ready for, had to get the rig gassed up and the windshield cleaned for good spot and ride trophy cow hunting"

"D-mper shot the wrong one, I pointed at the other one"

"My boy had a court date on another damn DWI charge and I had to go make bail for him"

" I ain't used to this scouting shit, if it can't be shot from the seat of a ford, who cares how big it is anyway"

"I already got one bigger than that on winter range, so why have two big ones?"

..hell Buzz, I would use any one of these excuses, they all are good ones......
DS

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-18-2002 14:35: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

IndyJay

How about.... these:

1) I had an appointment with the manicurist in Rawlins!

2) I must've been looking backwards through my scope.

3) Objects in mirror are actually "smaller" than they appear!

JB

Protector of Innocent Idiots
is there a prize for this contest????here's my entry.......

if i killed a big sheep, Buzz wouldnt be able to start this thread.....he would be forced to try to start a thread about hunting....he would be speechless.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-19-2002 08:05: Message edited by: J.B. ]</font>

A-con

I been tellig my wifes for years that 4 inchs is 10 inchs, and I was too drunk to shoot, so I told her to shoot the 200 incher, and she thought I ment the small one.

ELKCHSR

I don't really use excuses, except that I usually take the first leagle animal that walks in front of me and call it a trophy...I would like to head hunt, but never have!!! :D