• Shoot a griz, sheep, and goat on one hunt

Votes: 53 76.8%
  • Kill your 3rd sheep in 3 years

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Shoot a ram thats broomed, 8+ years old, and full curl

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd say sheep, moose and grizzly as they're the pinnacle.

However, I think you could also argue its sheep, grizzly and mountain goat as those three are unavailable to the nonresident without a guide.

Either way, you need to post some photos!!!

Edit: Poll wasn't up. I'm going with 3 sheep in three years. . .

Last edited:
Dammit Bambi, if you have pics of the Kifaru of yours in action, start sharing! LOL

Dammit Bambi, if you have pics of the Kifaru of yours in action, start sharing! LOL

For real! Quit teasing and get to it.

My answer is 2 black tails and a black bear. Just because those are the three tags I'll have in my pocket on Etolin in October...

The Great Alaska Bush Company, Crazy Horse Saloon and Club SinRock all in the same night?

I'm not 100% sold on the Kifaru, worked pretty well, but...

I broke a chinch buckle the first day, luckily I could cut it off, and still use the J-hook attachment.

They put 3 ring tab in the top middle of the pack for a hydration pouch (which I never will use) that pokes you when the pack is full.

The nylon belt slips sideways when pulling against the "power pull" belt loops. Hard to explain, but really annoying.

I tore a seam on one of the shoulder straps.

When stuffed with 70lbs of meat it barrels pretty badly, but didn't affect the packing, just sealed the "chimney" between the pack and my back, causing me to sweat badly. With cold meat it was great, with warm meat... not so much. See 3 ring tab in middle of shoulder blades... (I should have cut it off)

Some good points...

The J-hooks and countless attachment points are awesome.

The bungee on the front was used every day.

I added one pocket to the front, and it was more than enough to make it work. I was a bit apprehensive about no pockets, but adding the one worked out perfectly.

I made it through the hunt without much indecent, and carried it a long ways for days and days, usually full of camp or trophy.

Still not sold on the pack, but not giving up on it either. I think I'll take the MR on the caribou hunt next week just to see if I made the right choice.

I would say the Alaska Trifecta is:

1. Thinking about Alaska
2. Dreaming about Alaska
3. Going to Alaska

The Great Alaska Bush Company, Crazy Horse Saloon and Club SinRock all in the same night?

With working knowledge of the AK nightlife being demonstrated, i will assume Mrs oak doesn't frequent huttalk...
Sheep, moose, griz gets my vote

Congrats Bambi, now let's see the pictures. I'm off to help pack a sheep off a mt on Friday. No tag this year just helping out a friend. We'll be in the valley north of where you were in Delta. ;)

Bambi, Let's see the trifecta if you have it!

So, the Alaska Busch Company is a night club?!? I thought it was an air taxi service!?!:hump:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back