The $99 shot gun

Rooster52

Just bought two new 410 single shot 410 from WALMART. Something to keep arrround for the kids.Pretty good gun for $99. Called Hatfield.Thinking good Christmas presents.

I was intrigued by this so I looked in to them a little. I think I might grab one, but for a kid, I don't know. What I'm reading/hearing is that they have a heavy trigger pull and kick pretty hard. So definitely put a pad on the end to absorb the recoil.

I have one of those little guys also that I picked up several years ago. Called a Pardner from New England Firearms.

AKA the old H&R Topper. Have one sitting in my safe that was given to me as a child by my grandfather. Only action it's seen was as a loaner to a kid who was interested in shooting trap. That full choke and a stout recoil got him much more interested in an 870 youth model. :)

Many a jackrabbits have fallen to that .410 of mine. Great gun for kids.

My first gun was a single shot .410. Killed quite a few grouse and cottontails with it until it was stolen. Too bad the ammo is so dang expensive.

my dad gave me one of those pardners for my first gun when I was 13. Single shot 20 gauge with a bent barrel. haha. Worked fine once we received it back from the factory. Lots of memories with that gun.

I rescued an old 1982 20ga NEF Pardner Tracker with an SB1 frame a few years back. It needs some love, but I was also considering looking for the 26" .44 mag or .357 barrel for it. That was until I choked when the best price I could find was $300. It will become my son's small game gun after I restore it.

I got an NEF 16ga. I call the thumper. It is a blast to shoot and rides perfect in the bag on the 4 wheeler for snakes and whatnot.

So am I the only one who remembers how hard these single shots kicked when I was a kid? I know they are cheap but I think the 20 and 12 gauges are responsible for a lot of kids getting recoil shy.

So am I the only one who remembers how hard these single shots kicked when I was a kid? I know they are cheap but I think the 20 and 12 gauges are responsible for a lot of kids getting recoil shy.

Oh no I remember very well that is why I call mine the thumper you know when you pull that trigger!

My Dad got me an Iver Johnson Champion in .410 when I turned 11. I don't recall any abusive recoil, but I do recall all the many squirrels, rabbits, dove and quail which fell to that little gem. I even got a racoon with it one morning while sitting for squirrels. It now holds a place of honor in my safe.

The first firearm I shot ever was my grandfather's muzzle loader. Kicked my butt but made me want to shoot even more. My kids absolutely love the NEF 20ga and have even taken shots with my Mossy 835. I started them out at around 8-10 years old.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back