Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

That awful sound twice

belshawelk

Took my buddy up to get an elk. He is not experienced and I somehow managed to get him one a couple years ago. This was attempt #2.

To make a long story short, I am like a Kenyan Billy Goat. I can haul ass up and down really bad terrain. He falls down walking to his car. So, find a group of cows in a really good spot. Great wind, decent hill to hide our approach. Got a buck snorting chasing does right where we need to be of course. So I have to take him down a stepper hill covered in lava rock. Of course he eats shit and falls and scrapes his arm up and make all kinds of noise. But, we are below the elk, good wind taking noise away from elk.

We finally creep our way up a knoll to where I can get him shooting position. 200 yards. Gets in position, I tell him take your time, they don't know we are there, but you gotta get ready. So he does, pulls the trigger, click. Misfire, puts another one in chamber, click. Now of course the elk are looking at us as they always know somethings up. Finally the third one goes off and he makes an ok shot.

After all this I took him down to my range, and I tried to fire the ammo in my gun thinking maybe its his firing pin being a little weak. Same thing in my gun. 2 more misfires. Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded 30-06. Box has been in my safe so no moisture problems. Just FYI

I am sending back to them.

I have had something similar happen twice, but with handloads (from the same batch of Federal BR primers - which I no longer use). First was at the range. Second was on a deer hunt. The click surprised me as a I was aiming at a pretty good whitetail. After the click, the buck was still looking at me and my thought was to jack another shell in and shoot that buck. My hand had just touched the bolt and the round went off - sending the bullet into the ground well short of the deer. Be careful with misfires and give them time to make sure they are neutralized.

Dont be so hard on him. We cant all be Kenyan Billy goats. Hell, sometimes I fall over trying to stand up on unlevel ground. Gravity will catch up to your butt soon enough.
I know BUT I am 55 and he is 38. Just saying. He actually is a great athlete but something happens in the woods to him.

Thanks for helping him be successful though. Very good of you. I figured out a long time ago that there are people that guides exist for.

Took my buddy up to get an elk. He is not experienced and I somehow managed to get him one a couple years ago. This was attempt #2.

To make a long story short, I am like a Kenyan Billy Goat. I can haul ass up and down really bad terrain. He falls down walking to his car. So, find a group of cows in a really good spot. Great wind, decent hill to hide our approach. Got a buck snorting chasing does right where we need to be of course. So I have to take him down a stepper hill covered in lava rock. Of course he eats shit and falls and scrapes his arm up and make all kinds of noise. But, we are below the elk, good wind taking noise away from elk.

We finally creep our way up a knoll to where I can get him shooting position. 200 yards. Gets in position, I tell him take your time, they don't know we are there, but you gotta get ready. So he does, pulls the trigger, click. Misfire, puts another one in chamber, click. Now of course the elk are looking at us as they always know somethings up. Finally the third one goes off and he makes an ok shot.

After all this I took him down to my range, and I tried to fire the ammo in my gun thinking maybe its his firing pin being a little weak. Same thing in my gun. 2 more misfires. Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded 30-06. Box has been in my safe so no moisture problems. Just FYI

I am sending back to them.
What rifle was he shooting? I knew a guy that had the same problem with a Remington 700, caused by dropping the scope base screws too deep into the action.

What rifle was he shooting? I knew a guy that had the same problem with a Remington 700, caused by dropping the scope base screws too deep into the action.
Well he is shooting a Mossberg, but I threw in my Browning x-bolt and same misfires. Another forum I am on is listing some same problems with this ammo.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back