Thanksgiving Trout Fest + A Surprise!

Big Sky

I had a few days off for the Thanksgiving and took full advantage of not being stuck at work.

Check out the brilliant colors on this rainbow! Not the biggest of the day, but definitely the prettiest.
attachment.php

Up next this big-eyed fatty. (The fish, not me.)
attachment.php

Another gift from the river. I was using a brand new jig that Kit's Tackle had sent me. I still don't know the name of it. I just know it works!
attachment.php

Last but not least. I got this big surprise. Now granted, those lake whitefish they catch over by Flathead run bigger and are a whole different critter. This is a mountain whitefish (read generally small-sized) and as far as I know, it's a pretty good sized one. I'm no expert on mountain whitefish, but I looked up the state record and this one wasn't a whole lot smaller. Sure did put up a fight! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving week.
attachment.php

Thanks guys. Yup, that is about as big of a mountain whitefish as I've ever seen. I slipped it back into the Missouri to live another day. I will say this though, that fish really put up a great fight and it was a lot of fun to catch.

Nice fish as always.

New jig from Kit's eh? They must send the new stuff out to the pro staff for testing before it's available to the rabble like me.

smarandr, I was surprised as anyone to see the jig in my order. I ordered 10 jigs and they surprised me with an extra jig that I still don't know what it's called. I don't think they have named it yet, but it does work. Trevor and Kit are great guys and run a very good business. There two top priorities seem to be happy customers and catching fish. They do a fantastic job of both.

Back