PEAX Equipment

Thanksgiving Leftovers

FreezerHunter

I boiled down the turkey carcass for turkey and noodles later this weekend and I have the ham bone in the crockpot pot with some beans for lunch today. Turkey tacos are my all-time favorite use of the leftover turkey. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftover plans?

Having our dinner today so our daughter could be here. Butterball whole smoked turkey with taters and gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing and pumpkin pie. Have a lunch with the leftovers and then use it to make smoked turkey gumbo.

I guess I’m a Scrooge, we are still two dinners from finished and I pray no leftovers make their way to my house. I have a package of back strap waiting in the freezer, I’m good on turkey until next year

One of the dinners does include an aunt that makes the best pecan pie I’ve ever had so I’m still looking forward to that!

I love ham and beans and just about beg for the leftover hambone when I visit family. Now for the turkey, I sometimes boil the carcass and make turkey soup with wide egg noodles and use some mashed taters as thickening agent for it. Learned that from my great grandmother who grew up in the Great Depression. She believed in not wasting anything. If bones could make a new meal or some broth she could use, she boiled them before throwing them away. Even leftover beef bones were boiled for broth.

I love ham and beans and just about beg for the leftover hambone when I visit family. Now for the turkey, I sometimes boil the carcass and make turkey soup with wide egg noodles and use some mashed taters as thickening agent for it. Learned that from my great grandmother who grew up in the Great Depression. She believed in not wasting anything. If bones could make a new meal or some broth she could use, she boiled them before throwing them away. Even leftover beef bones were boiled for broth.
My mom takes all the left over mashed potatoes and makes potatoe pancakes.

Turkey melt with Swiss on sourdough

Shredded barbeque turkey sandwiches

Turkey tacos

Turkey quesadillas

Turkey pizza

The only saving grace of thanksgiving turkey is that you can actually do something tasty and worthwhile with it after t day

Turkey Carcass gets boiled, and stock made. Any meat that comes off the bone gets frozen in a lump, will make some sort of stew or soup with it, not to exclude gumbo or chili. Leftover meat from last night will get made into sammiches, tacos, or covered in gravy on top of bisquits, or waffles made from leftover stuffing. We made small servings of vegetables, so not much there. Leftover rolls have already been turned into french toast this morning. Pies, I guess I'll just have to force myself to eat a slice or two over the next couple of days, the struggle is real

Juju’s cherry pie slice for breakfast.
Wild turkey three ways tacos for halftime USA V England lunch
Ham and/or turkey sammies with any fixin you wish for supper

I think the destination of any stock is for green chile stew, since my wife has lost her taste for turkey soup. We sent our guest home with quite a load of food, so we aren't packaging too much for later.

David
NM

Really appreciating my Instapot. Turkey carcass went in it last night and I had Broth before I went to bed.

I loved cold stuffing and turkey sandwiches. Probably grab some Sourdough bread and more garlic to roast

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papretzelman
Back