MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Thanks Federal!

Does this mean I can finally find some Federal match grade large magnum rifle primers? I've been looking now for 2 years and all I find is empty shelves.

Many of you have been asking about the sponsorship situation of On Your Own Own Adventures. Well, some pretty big news to add today.

Federal Premium Ammunition was one of the first sponsors to step forward and support the concept of a show dedicated to the On Your Own hunter. They are one of those great companies operated by hunters, who understands their market. As I say, "They get it!"

Well, after the great feedback of the first season, they have decided to renew their agreement. And, the bigger news is that they want the show title to carry their name. So, starting in 2010, Federal Premium Ammunition will be the title sponsor of On Your Own Adventures.

As you can see by the attached press release, the president of Federal, Mark DeYoung, understands what the non-guided experience is all about, and Federal is putting their money where their mouth is.

Federal Premium Ammunition Takes Title Sponsor of On Your Own Adventures

I hope that when you purchase ammunition, you will consider how strongly Federal supports your style of hunting, and will purchase thier products.

Thanks Federal.

I had not seen this before, but I did know Federal was a major sponsor of OYOA. Personally, I have been using Federal ammunition for years, namely the 30-06, 165-grain Gameking BTSP. That's what I shot my deer w/ last fall.
I haven't had to change my scope ( A Leupold Goldring 4 power.) adjustment since a horse went down w/ my rifle on a WA Glacier Peak goat hunt in 1979. I just check it every time I think I should at 100 yds. It's always right there.
Two years ago I started using the new Mag Shok turkey loads that Federal introduced. That new Flitecontrol wad really holds a tight pattern. When testing the pattern on a turkey neck target at 45 yds, I consistently found the wad out at about 40 yds. Other loads I had been using , you would find the wad at maybe half that distance. It made a big difference in the pattern even w/o the heavy loads. I've bagged 3 birds w/ them in the last 2 years at ranges out to 40 yds. Good stuff!

Last edited:
Congrats Randy...due to this site and the sponsors who advertised here this past year...I purchased a MR Pack, Montana Decoy, and use federal amunition. I am sure without them advertising here as well as having the experts on this site promote their products I would be using something different!

Congrats to OYOA but a Bigger Congrats to Federal for seeing the light and sponsoring the best hunting show on the OC.

I sure like using Federal 215M primers. I just can't find them on the shelves anymore. After hearing the news I like those primers even more.

I buy a whole lot of Federal Bulk Pack .22's. My suppressed P22 & 10/22 love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back