Thanks Arizona...

sneakem

Just recently returned last week from 20 days in the desert. I left shortly after Christmas to try to fill my 2020 tag and then stay to hunt my 2021 tags. I usually hunt a little later in January to coincide with the rut, but I wanted to give 2020 one last hurrah as well. I was fortunate enough to fill my 2020 tag with 1 day to spare, and with the longbow to boot.(Decent older buck, I wasn't picky) I had no intention of using it to fill that tag but it just happened to be convenient at the time. (Crazy story in itself). With the Monkey off my back I decided I would shop for a really good buck during the rest of my hunt and also fill my javelina tags. I had a couple decent opportunities at some really great bucks under 50 yards that just didn't materialize, no shots fired. On the last day I decided I would shoot the first deer I could find as long as it had 6 points, and well I shot the first deer that I saw with 6 points. Not a trophy buck but I do love coues steaks.... Great times, got to hunt 9 different units, killed an animal in 4 different units, got to hang with my brother and a good friend in the woods for a few days also....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Very cool. Such a great time to be in the desert with a bow in hand. Congrats on your success.

Great job! Real nice animals and with a bow at that. Nice pics!

I love Arizona. I was born there.

Well I was on the fence about trying the OTC deer tag for late archery. Don’t think I’m on the fence any longer lol! Awesome hunt and write up congrats.

That is awesome! i am really debating on trying my luck in AZ this fall! Getting out of Kansas in the middle of winter sounds like a great idea if i don't say so myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back