Thanks Arizona...

Just recently returned last week from 20 days in the desert. I left shortly after Christmas to try to fill my 2020 tag and then stay to hunt my 2021 tags. I usually hunt a little later in January to coincide with the rut, but I wanted to give 2020 one last hurrah as well. I was fortunate enough to fill my 2020 tag with 1 day to spare, and with the longbow to boot.(Decent older buck, I wasn't picky) I had no intention of using it to fill that tag but it just happened to be convenient at the time. (Crazy story in itself). With the Monkey off my back I decided I would shop for a really good buck during the rest of my hunt and also fill my javelina tags. I had a couple decent opportunities at some really great bucks under 50 yards that just didn't materialize, no shots fired. On the last day I decided I would shoot the first deer I could find as long as it had 6 points, and well I shot the first deer that I saw with 6 points. Not a trophy buck but I do love coues steaks.... Great times, got to hunt 9 different units, killed an animal in 4 different units, got to hang with my brother and a good friend in the woods for a few days also....
Keep that horse shoe in your pocket! That is awesome.

Back