NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Thank you

spidr

From Florida and took my first Pronghorn trip self guided to Wyoming . Thank you to everyone here with the stories and tips the made my trip a success.

Attachments

• 20171009_083655.jpg
    20171009_083655.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 309
drew a hard access unit and as everyone here advised "do your home work and scouting " I did and it paid off.
day 1 - 14 hours scouting and discouraged lol lot of pronghorn but not on public land but was able to eliminate areas that wasn't very friendly to pronghorn or hunters.
day 2 - arrived at first section at daylight started glassing. on second pass picked him up bedded in sage about 400 yards out.
I started my crawl and about 100 yards in he stood up and locked in on me .
I set up with bipod ranged 295 and pulled trigger ... Click .. it seem you need to engage bolt all the way for it to fire. (I was a little nervous )
put another round in pulled the trigger clean fire and clean miss.
pronghorn ran in circle and stopped .
I relaxed took my time and pulled trigger the third time and saw him run off. But.. I heard my buddy yelling back at the truck .
he was saying he saw the puff of hair blow out when bullet hit.
I found him 50 yards down a hill from where he was standing.
I cant wait to do it again next year
and thank you again to everyone here

Congrats on a very nice buck. Your long trip from Florida will be rewarded with some fine eating.

A pronghorn is a quintessential western animal. I wouldn't think there are many on the walls down your way. Nicely done.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back