Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Texas Hunting trip....................

Moosie

Grand poopa
I called Rick at 11PM after a night out and made it to bed around 12:30AM. So, 3AM came early. I showed up at his hotel that was in Dallas Ft/Worth at 4AM. HE was still sleeping as I called his room. Well I waited till he showered… :~) and stuff..

We hit the road at 4:30 AM and got to Barksdale at 12:30PM. I had told Thomson Temple I didn’t need any brochure info sent out for I had his Website. Well, The info had the Combo of his lock on it!!! Dohhhhh.

After Dedication of Banging on doors or neighbors and people along the road we finally got through. The afternoon started right into hunting after driving the 2 miles of rough dirt road in the Dodge intrepid I rented. We got to camp and quickly unloaded and started the hunt. Here is camp.

camp.jpg

Heading out we soon saw a Dahl Sheep and I made the move after Cali gave me the go-ahead. Sneaking through the rocky hills weren’t as east as I thought but got it done. The wind was blowing from the Left pretty hard so I closed to the just under 20 yrd gap that I felt I needed. After belly crawling to the point I felt comfortable w/ I let the Arrow FLY!!

Below is a pic of the Texas Dahl I shot.

muscledall.jpg

dallswazzi.jpg

I was pretty excited and we headed through the hills to see what else could be seen. We saw a large critter that somehow eluded us but came across a Corsican and a Dahl sheep. I asked Cali if he wanted a shot and he sent me in bow’a’blazin. The Corsican was a bit spooky but this is hunting right?!!? So I finally made it in and got a shot off. I stuck it a hair to far forward and it pulled it’s left front left up and hobbled off. I re-nocked and arrow and went after it slowly. Cali was circling around when I moved in w/ the Final lung shot.

coricaosc.jpg

coricaoscswazzi.jpg

fronthill.jpg

[This message has been edited by Moosie (edited 01-25-2001).]

Two critters were down and we still had daylight. We headed back to camp and found that 4 Louisianan’s had made home in our Abode. They offered to drive down the road so we wouldn’t have to drive as far. We got the critters and saw a NICE black Hawaiian sheep up the way. So after unloading we headed back for Cali wanted to try out his new .270 . It took a bit but we came across it finally. I didn’t scan in the map of the place but there was only one spot that said “STEEP HILL” and guess were Cali had to shoot his critter. I was so excited that he got a real nice one that I picked that ****** up, threw it on my back and raced back to camp before dark!! I’m not in shape but I get gun-hoe hunting I guess. Just the love of it!!!

Here are some pics:

rickblack.jpg

blackhiking.jpg

Here are some pics back at camp w/ the critters lined up:

3deadanimals.jpg

3deadosccali.jpg

That night Cali went to bed early….like 11:30PM Hehehe (Like that’s early after waking up at 4AM right?!?!) And I stayed up a bit Talking w/ Todd and Redneck Reese. We talked about this and that and I plugged this site (Hehehe) worked on some trade hunting and finally drifted to bed.

The next morning started early again. We all got dropped of in different Spots to Blind hunt. Anyone that knows how I hunt I have a hard time sitting in a BOX or stand!!! So we got to the stand around 7:15ish?!?! And sat down got comfortable and just waited… Till like 7:30 when I asked Cali what time it was. I recommended not waiting past 8AM. He said how about 7:35 So I said “LET’S GO NOW!!” so we headed out to the back country and started Glassing, Which is kind of like stand hunting but the Area is Much greater that you cover I think. Cali was the first to spot some critters about 30 mins later. He didn’t want another one so I grabbed my bow and left him w/ the cam corder. I strapped his gun on my back fortunately….for when I crossed the hill it was A LOT different than I had envisioned. Thicker that Pea soup the trees were I tell ya!! Anyways, after blowing 2 stalking attempts they busted out and I put the bow down finally for I had 2 opportunities to get one and they were moving out quick.

I flipped the safety off and let a round unloaded a round at a 4 horn, (which at the time I didn’t know that exactly). I had a bit’o difficulties chambering another round and had to unload all the shells before I got a single shot back in the gun. A black Hawaiian was trotting out and slowed down in the right spot. So w/ my second shot I downed a black Hawaiian. (Sheep that is… Hehehe)

Here are some pics of the hill and the critters:

rick.jpg

Notice Rick in the Middle of the Picture ..Hehehe Poor guy had a hard time keeping up so he gave me the BIRD and said "FLY THIS"HEhheeh

rick1.jpg

rick2.jpg

3horn.jpg

blackh.jpg

The Black Hawaiian I shot wanted to advertise my website for me so I figured I would let him do just that:

blackwithcap.jpg

As we were heading back out of the hills Vernen from Louisiana still didn’t have his critter yet. We seen some on a far hillside and I told him I would help him out for he had a bum knee. After guiding him up I was fortunate to get a picture just after he pulled the trigger. I gutted his goat and threw it over my shoulder and we booked out of the hills.

vernen.jpg

vernen1.jpg

Back at camp when we were ready to leave Sat Evening I gave Todd and Reese a hat and took a picture of them. The picture is Todd’s dad, Todd, Reese, And Temple from left to right.

thomson.jpg

Well that's It folks... Thats my stoy and I'm Sticking to it... Unless Cali has a diferent version....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Oscar has it pretty much right...except he left out a few details. Like the "Cartman" at Walmart who wolf-whistled at him. I guess he thought that tender young Idaho boy looked pretty cute. (I have a photo of Cartman!) Also, he left out the "I know I'm in Texas" photos of the drive-through beer barn and the "Guns & Liquor" store! I'm gonna scan some

The Haw.Black and 4 horn look like they would make the record book. If the total of horn lengths on the outside edge, the base circumference, and the 1/2 way out is 80 inches on most rams (70 inches for a 4 horn), it makes bronze level in Records of Exotics. The casa that's up the hill some from the A-frame has separate bedrooms for women or whoever wants some more privacy. We would just request that from Thompson, if the group or some of it wants that.

Looks like you guys had a blast!!!! Are you guys going BAAAAACK!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

chambliss_4Logoboy.jpg

Hmmm...it looks like half the posts here have disappeared, including the link Chmbo had to my pictures. How wierd!
B'Cat - I'll let Oscar talk about this, but I know he is considering trying to get a bunch together to go back later this year for a little gathering. THe place accomodates 16 people, and we cna probably fill that up! But like I said, that's Oscar's deal.

F-in A........

WTF?!?!?!

We have no Admins here so It was either Me or Chambo and We didn't do it... It might have happeded when I lost Disk Space for 1/2 hour earlier>!>!>! Darn 'puters..... Space was my fault for I didn't watch it close enough.. Have a better handle now.. (FINGERS X-ED)

Anyways.... Gonna plan something that's for sure!!! For that price we sure will have interest I'm sure. There are other places to get other critters too.... We'll wait a bit to decide what and When and Who......

Chambo, The link was wrong earlier you sent, Post again please and I'll help Cali....

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Great pix......I think me, and Wolfeman and Timberman and Shadowrider will give 'er a go in a few weeks....that is if you guys left in sheep!!!
biggrin.gif

DS

Some people get the ball sack tanned on the rams. It can be a cell phone holder, a remote control holder, or a muzzle loader ball holder, or something like that. They're pretty big.

Oscar some guy likes you too??????/ Kinda like that guy at the bar that one night that told my dad he had a nice ass??????

------------------
Mini Moose
moosebattle2.jpg
Snake-01.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back