Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tent repair

SD_Prairie_Goat

Went out western SD for archery antelope and my cheap Coleman tent was murdered by the wind. IMG_2855.jpeg
Rather than getting a new pole and repairing the ripped rain fly plus base tent I decided to upgrade.

Turns out better tents cost a lot of money... So I found a big agnes tent in ebay that needed some love for $100 to my door.

IMG_2894.jpeg

Tent arrived in good condition minus two large rips in the noseeum netting. After buying a yard if new netting I decided to just sew over a new piece on the damaged area.

Took a little bit to get it to feed correctly through the sewing machine, but eventually I got the awkward fabric through.

Prep work

IMG_2907.jpeg
IMG_2908.jpeg

IMG_2909.jpeg

Finished patch.
IMG_2910.jpeg

Time will tell how they hold up. I haven't tested them set up yet, but I'd think the tent should pitch fine with these repairs. Not bad for an old tent with a new second life.

Watch out for a good sale too, bought my 4 season in the summer time for a heck of a deal. How was the antelope population looking?

Stalking eBay regularly for a used Hilleberg.

4 years on my Big Anges now and she is showing her age. I've patched a couple mesh holes, but blew a seam on my last trip. That's beyond my skills. My fault, I hooked my boot in the fabric and over-stressed it one morning. It may be time to upgrade to a Copper Spur.

Does anyone know if Big Anges has a repair depot? I guess google is my friend.

Stalking eBay regularly for a used Hilleberg.

4 years on my Big Anges now and she is showing her age. I've patched a couple mesh holes, but blew a seam on my last trip. That's beyond my skills. My fault, I hooked my boot in the fabric and over-stressed it one morning. It may be time to upgrade to a Copper Spur.

Does anyone know if Big Anges has a repair depot? I guess google is my friend.
Looks like they repair: https://support.bigagnes.com/hc/en-us

Watch out for a good sale too, bought my 4 season in the summer time for a heck of a deal. How was the antelope population looking?
Population was healthy IMO. shoot me a message if you want more details. You know the issues with posting too much on the public forum...

if you're so inclined lightweight duct tape those new seems will ensure it holds up. I have that on two tents now. You're also spot on, you don't need new anything. BA makes a helluva tent, I have 3 right now.

Also, REI used can be a great place to pick up nice tents cheaply.

if you're so inclined lightweight duct tape those new seems will ensure it holds up. I have that on two tents now. You're also spot on, you don't need new anything. BA makes a helluva tent, I have 3 right now.

Also, REI used can be a great place to pick up nice tents cheaply.
Have you ever checked out Geartrade?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back