Caribou Gear Tarp

Tell me about your tent

I don't remember which Big Agnes I have, but it's a 2 man and has done awesome in everything from high winds to a foot of snow. I've had it for about 5 years

I have used the Eureka Solitaire but the first time I got snowed on I decided no more of that. I wanted something big enough to get my rifle inside with me and a vestibule for my pack. Now I use a 2 person North Face tent if I'm solo and it's worth the extra weight to me to be able to get everything out of the elements if needed.

@EYJONAS! Has peaked my interest with this tipi. I am diving down a whole different rabbit hole now.
I'll be following this, I've an idea what imma get but curious to hear more

I've looked at the zephyr 2 man and now the copper spur 2 man

Also the kelty cross canyon is up on the list too haha so many options
Idk about you, but now I feel like I'm back at square one on this tent search. Haha

I've been eyeballing tipi tents w/a stove jack since last season, and I just bought the last Luxe Hexpeak 3P they had in stock, and got the 2.5P inner for free, shoot I couldn't pass that up. Will be putting it to the test this hunting season....

My backpacking tent has magically disappeared. Seriously no idea where it went! 😑

I'm looking for one man tents. I've been looking a few different ones from Nemo, big agnes, snugpak, kelty. What's everyone running and if it sucks let me know.
Thanks
Roughly how tall are you?

I second the, River Country Products Trekker Tent 2. Its nice an roomy, but still prefer the Alaknak 12x20'...

With a regular length bag there are lots of good options already mentioned. One of my favorite three season solo tents I’ve had was the Six Moon Lunar Solo.

I’ve got a big agnes seed house I think? I don’t really care for the single, end door and if I had it to do over I would get a side door tent. Ideally I would have a small floor less shelter and a regular bathtub floor tent

I’ve gone to hammock, high end insulating pad and 0 degree mummy bag vs a tent. Maybe it’s just clostraphopia, but I sleep way better better when I’m off the ground and not confined in a tent. Plus it’s less weight. PM me if you want specs on the gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back