Tell me about your glamping tents

88man

A friend is looking to buy a wall tent or a bell type tent. Needs to sleep 3 to 4 or maybe upto 5. Needs stove.

We have a 16'X20' Montana Canvas wall tent with an optional add-on 12'X16' cook shack that attaches to front of tent. We only use the cook shack when we have more than 5 people. I only have experience with this tent and backpacking tents, but I love it. We have all the comforts of home (3 burner stove, oven, tables, rugs, coat rack, etc). We have way too much stuff, actually, but it makes it pretty nice when you get back to camp. One major drawback to this tent is that's it's extremely heavy, which is fine because we can drive to it, but it wouldn't pack well at all. Not even on horses or mules.

Bought a Davis wall tent 16x20 this winter. The guys at Davis where super helpful (and patient) in making my various choices. They get top scores from many other HTers. Perfect size for 4-6.

After tons of research and mentally preparing myself for the price tag, I finally pulled the trigger on an Arctic Oven 10 when they had their sale in April. We've used it twice and it is the real deal. It is literally a lifetime tent. Absolutely no condensation and bomb proof. I've ran my small SO wood stove and also use a mr. buddy. Both of them have it HOT in a couple minutes. Weight sucks, but we only use it camping out of the pickup or for trips where we will be flying with a Beaver so no big deal. The 10 would fit 3 people, gear and stove no problem. They have larger models that would easily fit up to 6 people. They also just came out with single (and double) pole style tents that will ship in July. The majority of the weight is in the poles so that would cut down on weight big time; however you would lose the vestibule.

Last edited:
Have your friend check out Davis. Very well made product and amazing customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back