telephoto upgrade

the nikster

Guys,
My wife loves to take pictures. I got her a Nikon D3200 a couple years ago and she loves it. She does well at the fair and what not, but, I would like to upgrade her telephoto lens.
She currently has a 55-300 lens that does alright but I'd like to get her a little help getting pics without disturbing the quarry. I was looking at lenses online and about soiled my britches.
What I think should be $2,000 is $25,000!!! ZOINKS!!! Without being too cheap, what options do I have out there? I don't mind spending some money but isn't there a scratch and dent place somewhere that I can reduce the hemorrhaging?
($2,000 since you asked...)

I second keh and have had good service in the past there. I have also bought some used lenses from the forums at fredmiranda.com with good success.

I don't have this set up, but you may want to research the Nikon 300 f4 w/ 1.4 tc.

Thanks folks!
My wife and I are busy sifting through the responses and checking out her options.
Right now she needs to decide if she is going to try to make money or not. If not, it may still be a good decision to upgrade as a happy wife is a happy life.

Back