Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Teenager Shot, Killed

ELKCHSR

Teenager Shot, Killed After Covering His Hunting Outfit with "Deer-Colored" Blanket

David Ruck, 18, of Wisconsin was shot and killed by his 63-year old grandfather, Gerald Ruck, after covering up his blaze orange hunting outfit with a brown and white blanket.

David Ruck was shot in his upper leg and groin by his grandfather, who said he mistook him for a deer. Sadly, although as the Department of Natural Resources Hunter Safety Coordinator said "be certain of the target and what’s beyond it," one can see how a mistake could be made, since whitetail deer are brown and white.

Bet old Gramps is on suicide watch. I echo and agree with Elk Hunter's quip... still that's just plain tragic.
We aren't allowed to shoot many does out here in California unless we get drawn for an "either sex" tag in a few, special zones. We usually have to spot antlers before we do any shooting elsewhere. I've hunted once in an either-sex zone and was constantly watching my back. Definately NOT a zone to wear camo in.

That chit happens every Fricken year, do people wing shoot Deer like Doves? Take the time to tell what your shooting at. Hunter Orange, Don't leave home without it! John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back