Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Team lodge trailers

mxracer317

Looking for a trailer to use for camping and hunting.

At the Utah hunt expo today, I came across team lodge trailers.

Their grand lodge size would fit my Polaris general. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Another option is to buy a true toy hauler. I think the pricing are pretty similar, the only difference is the mobility the team lodge offers over a fifth wheel.

They seem good, no actual experience though. My two cents though is it depends on how much ice fishing you plan to do lol. Seems like the whole thing is built around the ability to drop to the ground for ice fishing. Who knows how thought out, tough, maintenance involved the suspension and parts to do this is. Some of Team Lodge are about $55,000 so I cant imagine what the Grand Lodges are.

Also, these team lodges are very very small capacities. The black tank capacity is only 15 gallons. My Arctic Fox Truck Camper tank is over 40 gallons. Really depends on what you want. If I am spending that much money on a camper, it better do many things for me. Camping, hunting, traveling etc.

I may be biased because I have worked with them and own one of there truck campers. However I would checkout Northwood Manufacturing and look at the Desert Foxes. They are the toy hauler edition to what they make and is not a fifth wheel. So you keep your whole truck bed etc. NW Manufacturing is hand down one of the best brands out there, with a big emphasis on capacity, build quality and insulation.

I think these team lodges are great, but would expect more for the price. Anything like a toy hauler is gonna be a weird layout because the main goal is to haul UTV etc. I think I would recommend it more if they were less expensive maybe didn't plan the whole thing around dropping to the ground for fishing ( maybe just had that as an option). Seems like nowadays, when something is designed to be "simpler" usually ends up being more expensive. its basically an enclosed trailer with a heater and stove for almost $60,000.

They also work and sponsor the Hushin guys and probably why there at the Expo and why everyone is hyping them.

Again just my two cents, no real experience with Team Lodge but I'm pretty in tune with campers and pros and cons of all setups for the most part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back