Yeti GOBOX Collection

TC Encore Barrels

300Winmag

Hey guys, I am the lucky recipient of a TC Encore action. My brother bought this as a muzzleloader 10 years ago and could never get it to shoot consistent groups. Long story short after missing 2 deer in one day I caught him just before he was about to wrap it around a tree. From that time on it has been mine. Turns out upon further inspection the rifling in the barrel was cut very poorly and had chatter marks in the rifling. I sent the barrel back to TC and got a replacement. I rarely muzzleloader hunt anymore but I do rifle hunt and I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites or places I can purchase a rifle barrel for $150 or less. Every website I see has the cost around $300. Seems a lot of money for a single shot rifle. Trying to decide if I should sell the Encore and buy a nice bolt action or try the Encore and maybe I'll enjoy it.

I bought a TC Encore as a muzzleloader to expand my opportunities. Later I bought a .308 barrel and 20 Ga. on ebay back when they allowed it. Also I bought a youth stock for my kids. I like how small it packs away for backpacking. Here are some game taken with it.
maui hunt 003.jpgIMG_0471.JPGIMG_2343.JPG20140913_210431.jpg20160816_123728.jpg

Last edited:
Wow glass eye-those are some great success pics.always wanted a TC.
330Win. have you tried the wanted ads here on Ht? 😎

No I haven't, never really took a look at them. It would be a nice lightweight packable rifle for those long hikes. I might have to look into using this rifle a little more.

I have hunted with and encore or a pro hunter for the past 20 years or so. I love it! simple elegant design and great accuracy. I have several barrels for it. I like the way that they point and having just one shot has made me a better more patient hunter. I am going to use my 7mm rem mag for Colorado elk and muley this fall and my 20g slug barrel for southern Illinois whitetails.

20g slug
7mm-08
7mm rem mag
300 win mag

blacksheep
1558322134123.png

$150 might be a touch low for an encore barrel. $185-$225 would be a reasonable price to pay for a slightly used barrel. eBay is your best source as they still allow gun parts auctions. You will also have to purchase a rifle forend stock to go with that barrel. Forend stocks will cost you $20-$55 depending on style.

A scoped encore rifle will be mid-range as far as weight. Expect 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 pounds depending on configuration and scope choice.

The encore has lost it's appeal from the masses these days but there are a few of us that still carry them around each year.

PS: I have probably purchased 20+ used encore barrels from eBay sellers over the years. Of those, only two have been traded off due to accuracy issues. All the rest are great shooting tubes!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back