MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

TC Encore Barrels

300Winmag

Hey guys, I am the lucky recipient of a TC Encore action. My brother bought this as a muzzleloader 10 years ago and could never get it to shoot consistent groups. Long story short after missing 2 deer in one day I caught him just before he was about to wrap it around a tree. From that time on it has been mine. Turns out upon further inspection the rifling in the barrel was cut very poorly and had chatter marks in the rifling. I sent the barrel back to TC and got a replacement. I rarely muzzleloader hunt anymore but I do rifle hunt and I was wondering if anyone knows of any websites or places I can purchase a rifle barrel for $150 or less. Every website I see has the cost around $300. Seems a lot of money for a single shot rifle. Trying to decide if I should sell the Encore and buy a nice bolt action or try the Encore and maybe I'll enjoy it.

I bought a TC Encore as a muzzleloader to expand my opportunities. Later I bought a .308 barrel and 20 Ga. on ebay back when they allowed it. Also I bought a youth stock for my kids. I like how small it packs away for backpacking. Here are some game taken with it.
maui hunt 003.jpgIMG_0471.JPGIMG_2343.JPG20140913_210431.jpg20160816_123728.jpg

Last edited:
Wow glass eye-those are some great success pics.always wanted a TC.
330Win. have you tried the wanted ads here on Ht? 😎

No I haven't, never really took a look at them. It would be a nice lightweight packable rifle for those long hikes. I might have to look into using this rifle a little more.

I have hunted with and encore or a pro hunter for the past 20 years or so. I love it! simple elegant design and great accuracy. I have several barrels for it. I like the way that they point and having just one shot has made me a better more patient hunter. I am going to use my 7mm rem mag for Colorado elk and muley this fall and my 20g slug barrel for southern Illinois whitetails.

20g slug
7mm-08
7mm rem mag
300 win mag

blacksheep
1558322134123.png

$150 might be a touch low for an encore barrel. $185-$225 would be a reasonable price to pay for a slightly used barrel. eBay is your best source as they still allow gun parts auctions. You will also have to purchase a rifle forend stock to go with that barrel. Forend stocks will cost you $20-$55 depending on style.

A scoped encore rifle will be mid-range as far as weight. Expect 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 pounds depending on configuration and scope choice.

The encore has lost it's appeal from the masses these days but there are a few of us that still carry them around each year.

PS: I have probably purchased 20+ used encore barrels from eBay sellers over the years. Of those, only two have been traded off due to accuracy issues. All the rest are great shooting tubes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back