• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
That simply is an amazing story of how you got into hunting.
talk about chance and fate.

E-scounting... ha... I made some maps using my nascent skills

"other side of the unit bro"

so it was kinda a going in blind deal.

First day we decide to pack in "for the trip"

We picked the *easy side of the mountain with no snow because "there will be more bears".
View attachment 178436

I was worried about our water usage... and packed all 8 nalgenes

Note the super sweet scarf that made me extra sneaky.
Also 10x42 on a neck strap... 1/5 yelp review.
View attachment 178438
We decided that in fact this spot was not rad... so climbed back down. 7 full bottles returned to the truck unmolested.
Don’t knock binos on a neck strap. That is the way @Mica Man carries his. He doesn’t waste any time taking his binos out of a chest bag. I am sure that the extra glassing time he gets as a result of his carry method is the reason he spotted a bunch more game than me on our hunt. 😀

Don’t knock binos on a neck strap. That is the way @Mica Man carries his. He doesn’t waste any time taking his binos out of a chest bag. I am sure that the extra glassing time he gets as a result of his carry method is the reason he spotted a bunch more game than me on our hunt. 😀
I honestly don’t know how anyone does it... plus the bouncing around.

Looking back that hunt was a major turning point in my life. I probably would be hunting today because my FIL wouldn’t give me an option not to, but probably would not be on this forum if that 8min of turkey hunting had been my only experience.

I fixed it for you! Something tells me the lady and annual deer hunts would have drawn you in slowly!

Great write up man!

Cool story! Sadly, I wasted the meat on my first bear too and I kick myself in the ass still to this day.
Not me. I didnt think id want to eat bear, but was one of the "ill buy a tag just incase" guys that didnt hunt bears. Well, "just incase" came in the form of a bear creeping up on me during season when i was taking a mid day nap and i shot him with my sidearm. Figured id better at least try the meat since i killed him. Hot damn, it was good. Pleasant surprise. Now bear has become my favorite thing to hunt. Get more excited for the bear opener than anything else now. Glad i ate that bear. If bear had been my intro to big game hunting like OP, i dont know how into deer i would be at this point.

Insert AC/DC tune

"My binos are always bouncing, to the left and to the right. It's my belief that my big binos should be held oh so....."

Sorry wllm1313. I haven't posted anything for a while and don't mean to distract from a real hunt story.

Great story !! BUT, HOLY CRAP !! I'm a hippy :oops: !! I wear my binos on a neck strap !!

That I enjoyed thoroughly. Reminds me of the bumbling idiot I was on the mountain 25 years ago. 😁

Back