Tax Payer Funded Camp

Very cool!! Interested to see what it ends up like.

Be interested in your review of the roof top tent. Not certain I could like one of them.

I always shudder when I see them on people's vehicles. Have to break camp to drive anywhere. But I think on a trailer it makes sense. You can level it (might want to have jacks on the trailer corners) and you can set it up and leave it and come back.

Kind of like a more EXtreme pop up trailer...

I could see someone making a business building custom setups that would rival the Campervan conversions and VW caravans.

Very cool!! Interested to see what it ends up like.

Be interested in your review of the roof top tent. Not certain I could like one of them.

I'm liking it a lot for it's function, way more fun to throw the wife, kid and dog in the truck and head out. It opens and unpacks, packs and closes pretty quick. I can have it all buttoned up and sleeping gear put away in 15 minutes.

We have a rooftop tent on our Tundra and setting up and taking down every time to move isn't the greatest but it is still fast. For weekends trips it is <10 mins up and down and the tent itself with the foam mattress is super comfortable. Overall, we love it. But I do want to get a trailer for setting up a longer term hunting/fishing camp when needed while being more mobile.

I have been watching craigislist, FB, and other forums for trailers already done or that might need a little work. Some of the custom "overland" trailers look pretty sweet but no way I am spending $10k. Some setups are >$20k. I am hoping to figure out something for under $4k.

I'm liking it a lot for it's function, way more fun to throw the wife, kid and dog in the truck and head out. It opens and unpacks, packs and closes pretty quick. I can have it all buttoned up and sleeping gear put away in 15 minutes.
I could see it as being quite functional, especially in warmer/milder weather. Also think it could be cold during some times of the year...

Have you seen Adam Greentree's truck build? Sorta like what you have except no trailer, he did it with a custom aluminum bed on the back of a 'Yota diesel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back