Taking Pics

powderburn

I came across this pic today while I was cleaning out some boxes, it brings to mind the importance of taking pics of more than your animals. The guy on the right [Deano] hunted with us for many years and 2years ago passed on due to an illness he fought for many years. This is the only know photo of Deano after his 10th birthday. He was the Elmer Fud of our camps and had an infectious laugh that would bring tears to your eyes. A picture is worth more than a thousand words.
f802cec6.jpg

What a very nice tribute to a friend! We should always remember to treasure friendships and make the most of every moment. Nothing in this life is guaranteed. Memories can never be stolen...and a picture is indeed worth a thousand words.

We should all be so lucky as to have a friend like you who will say kind things about us when we're no longer around. My hat is off to you, sir.

-Rogue-

That is great Powderburn....
I am for another, counting Rogue really honored and glad you shared this with us....
He looked to be a very fine man and you can see the life oozing from him... These are great memories and great times... It is hard to put words to such a loss as a good person cut down at an early age.

There are times when we take pictures that it seems awkward maybe to stop during the middle of a hike or hunt or take time away from whatever activity you are participating in to get a few snapshots. When you look back on them, typically those pictures are the ones that turn out the best and can pinpoint a moment in time when it happened better than any others.

Powderburn, thanks for the great pic and tribute. I, too, cherish pictures of me and my family especially pictures taken of my oldest sister who died of brain cancer two years ago at the ripe old age of 29. We miss her tremendously but always have the pictures to look back on and to remember the good times we spent together!!

Thats a tough tough deal to lose a friend or a sister at such a young age, i know the feeling i lost my oldest sister Susan [she was 53] but to not have a friend or loved one even make it to their 30th birthday seems so very tragic, thanks for the picture.

My mom passed away a few years ago, she had quite a bit of stuff, so I am still running across a camera with film in it that needs to be finished. It is a surprise, she was notorious for doing just that, randomly snapping pics. It is a living reminder when I run across them and a very nice surprise.

Powderburn, I know what your saying. I've lost two good hunting and fishing partners. One to cancer,the other a heartattack.
Leroy would make us laugh till we cried. Guys that only met him once or twice still tell the stories of his antics. When we brought the kids he made a point to make sure they had a good time. Things like when it was too ruff on the lake to fish, he'd take them for icecream and buy them toy airplanes to play with.
Perry, my brotherinlaw, was the guy with the laugh like your friend Deano. God, I miss that. Like to tell you more about him but can't(misty eyes) and its been 4 years since he passed on.
My point is TAKE MORE PICTURES AND VIDEO!!! You'll be glad you did. don

That is a very nice tribute. Thanks for sharing that with us. I have some snapshots of a friend who was a very advid hunter and is now in a home because of his Alziemer's at the age of 47 years young. :(

Powderburn great shot there buddy
hump.gif

I've always been pretty diligent in taking pictures of life along the way but since my wife has lost 2 of her siblings in the past three years (ages 44 and 39) I shoot more now than ever-

you truely don't know when its the last shot that will be taken and all you'll have left are the memories....thanks for sharing!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back