Takedown Gun

How about a handgun?
This was my thought. A tc contender with a scope would be hard to beat in accuracy. I've got one that is my survival gun in .410/45 Colt. The 45 is accurate enough to get a deer to 50 yds. .410 patterns well enough to get a squirrel to about 15 yds.

I have a Henry and like it. It was a graduation present from a buddy 10 years ago. Never had an issue with it and it’s stock except for a rattle can camo job. I’ve never gone full out shooting hundreds of rounds in one sitting but when shooting 50 rounds between other guns it’s done well. I was really surprised how well the iron sights worked after breaking apart and reassembling. I’m hitting pop cans easily at 50 yards every time.

I also have a Judge. Both are fun practice. Neither often come out other than ranges.

Good luck

Another vote for the Browning SA-22. Lightweight takedown that just feels perfect in the hand.

Don’t rule out the Rossi takedowns. I have a .22/410 version and like it. Just switch the barrels and it’s like a whole new gun. Mine doesn’t allow for an optic but it is Nice to have the option of a rifle or shotgun or both.

Had a Savage, like since forever. You have received several good suggestions. Blaser might also work for you. Good caliber/bore options

Here is one more option I wanted to post. This is a Hopkins and Allen 722. It takes down with the one screw on the bottom of the receiver. Weight is under 4 lbs easily. Lighter than many revolvers. Barrel is 16". It is actually amazingly accurate, if the barrel is in good condition. This is a far superior rifle to most, if not all of the "boys" rifles of the day, such as the Stevens Crackshot and similar guns. This particular rifle is a family hand-me-down that I gave away to someone I didn't even know, who said he had a very young daughter that wanted to learn to shoot. I hope it gets used well.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back