Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tag Soup

I got a good dose of it this year.Unlike some posters who claim to be building a house for themselves but find ample time to kill multiple animals, i truly had no time.Probably because i am stubborn and framed the whole dang thing virtually myself.Needless to say I was roof framing in September and couldn't pull off to use my special permit archery elk tag.Thank goodness I didn't draw an antelope tag.Deer hunting was a four day affair with one day wasted up in the Swan Lake area(little to no sign) and a couple days out in Eastern Montana.Sure enough I rattled in some small bucks which I passed on holding out for something a little more respectable.Not! Last few days of the season I drooled over four mature bucks rutting in front of my house on private ground.the largest was in the 150's.ugh.Make up for it next year hopefully...a new home for my family built to my standards is far worth it.Sure fun looking at all the successful hunts on Hunttalk.

I also couldn't bring myself to shoot one of the few surviving mulies around here this year, particularly a (hopefully) recently pregnant doe.
At least I'm just finishing a fantastic elk stew my wife made yesterday, from a great elk round roast, from back in '12!! Still good....
We're attempting to eat the old stuff in the freezers, before starting in on the elk our son got this year. Literally the only tender one we've ever had!
We'll probably still get a whitetail doe or two, with primitive weapons! Then we'll be set...

Tag soup for me also. Had a west river whitetail tag, but after the disease went thru last year they were hard to come by. Did see some nice muleys though. Still have an archery tag, just have to find time to get out.

Tag soup here too! The irony of is that I put more time in the field than any other year. This is the very first time in over 25 years of hunting that I didn't short something. First time in a long time that I did not punch my elk tag. Oh well. I can't say I didn't put forth the effort. I think I will look into buying a bison for meat. Cheers!

It warms my cold heart to see so many others have the same kind of luck that I did this season.

:D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back