Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

T/C Encore Rifle Shooters...

'Ike'

Let's see 'em...Really fell in love with this single shot lil rifle, aside from my Ruger #1 :D Here's my 223 and putting a 17HMR barrel together now...Varmints beware!

Attachments

• TC 223.jpg
    TC 223.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6,232
My TC 50 cal muzzleloader shot 3 deer this year at over 200 yds with a muzzleloader i think thats fairly straigh shooting.

Attachments

• smkpoledoe.jpg
    smkpoledoe.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 3,459
My Encore sporting a 300winmag barrel with a Defensive Edge brake. Also have the Bellm TC's oversized hinge pin, hammer extender and hammer springs.
I also have the .22-250 barrel for it.

Can you explain the setup for the bipod on the top one? I assume you've mod'ed it somehow or do the legs stick up above the barrel when it's folded?
Thanks.

Attachments

• encore1.jpg
    encore1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 4,656
People actually hunt with those ugly ass things? :D I thought it was only the guys on TV, hunting out of blinds who needed such a rifle?

I have one on mine whenever I hunt from the ground and no clearance problems at all

Don't the legs stick up above the barrel when they're folded up?
Do you have a pic of one with the legs folded up?

Bambistew...no comment. We can shoot a few sometime and see how ugly mine is.
:D

I am out of town righ now but I will take a pic when I get home and put it on here for you it looks just like any other rifle

Are you saying its accurate? Just wondering... if it shoots so well, why do you have 9 bullets strapped to stock? ;)

To each his own. I don't care for the way they feel in my hand, but you never know I might own one someday... if its a gift or something. :D

Mine shoots well....about MOA. I carry 9 bullets because I can I guess. I've only needed 1 to do the job so far. I could probably lighten my load some and shed some weight. Do you only carry 1?

Do you Encore shooters use them stock, or do you install over sized pins and spring kits ?

Just wondering, a 209X50 SS Encore is on my muzzleloader short list.

If all I had was an Encore, I'd make it work. Nice buck. I bring 10 bullets with me up the mountain. Never know when you'll run into a pack of wolves.

Do you Encore shooters use them stock, or do you install over sized pins and spring kits ?

I put in an adjustable pin, however no trigger work...I'm shooting sub 1/2" groups with the 223 no problem, waiting to see how the 17 does...:hump:

Trigger worked over, Bellm TC's oversized pin, hammer extender, and their heavier hammer spring on mine.

Not to say they might not be a great rifle, wouldn't know as I have never shot one, but I can truthfully say that I don't know a single person who owns one.

Like someone else mentioned, I thought only TV stars could own one. ;)

I firmly believe you either love them or hate them...seems to be the thinking on them. I grew up with my dad hunting with a T/C Contender Super 14 so I just followed in old Dad's footsteps.

sorry took so long forgot to post the pic till now

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2,276
Thanks for that. I put mine on the other day just fine when I switched barrels over to the 22-250 setup. It works just fine. The only issue I have is that the 1 leg hits the sling attachment. The Claw sling came off and I put a different sling on it with regular attachments and it works fine. Not sure where I went wrong the 1st time around.

Attachments

• downsized_0115111339.jpg
    downsized_0115111339.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,151
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back