T- 6 days

7mm08mo

In six days the ford will be pointed northwest bound and down. Headed to Johnson county wy with my dad and another to chase antelope. CANT HARDLY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT. This is my first antelope hunt and I have three tags.

Just came in from a walk. I'm not too far, by Wyoming standards, from Johnson county. Blue skies, 70's and calm. Beautiful indian summer we're having in October. Looks like some cold is coming. Travel safe and have fun!
-Cade

Finally got my first western big game. Shot a good enough buck this afternoon. Now on to the two doe tags. Will post pics when I get home. Must have done something right because as I was loading it the truck the bighorn mtns were covered in clouds and out popped a double rainbow and one stayed all of be way back to camp. Beautiful country up here in the shadow of the bighorns. More to come later when I'm not on my phone.

story and pics

We got to Kaycee after a blown trailer tire and thermostat trouble on my truck on Sunday at about 3 and set up camp and looked around beuatiful country.
Day 1 I saw lots of antelope and several good bucks but all were on neighbors ranch, one of my partners shot a doe at around one. Everybody saw antelope.
Day 2 In a spot I'd found the day before about 400 yards from the fence. Several goats spotted and two really good ones, Mr. Pretty as I came to call him he looked like a 14 inch or better that had good hooks and curl and was wide. Then I saw crooked horn. He had one side that slanted down over his face and the other side went strait up. No shots for me that morning, my dad shot a doe. P.M. went to a different spot and sat because the goats were close to the fence and I didn't want to spook them off. As I sat there the other guy AKA old man called me and says he was on the way to camp he was frustrated becuase he let a nice buck get by and couldn't get a shot and it was headed my way. I watched and all of a sudden here he was one shot and my buck was down. I was getting a little worried because up to that time I hadn't even had a shot at a antelope. He ended up being a nice goat about 13 or 13.5 and when I got to him I noticed he had been shot thru the jaw by somebody else, I was really glad I had shot him at that point. The shot was about 300 yards and he only went about 40 yrds. The hunting Gods must have been happy because as we got him loaded in the truck a double rainbow came out and stayed for awhile then changed to one big rainbow for a while.
Day 3 I sent my dad to the north where I had been seeing the bucks and I went south and the old man hunted the spring behind camp where he had hunted every day because it was easy to get to. I got over the rise south of camp and started glassing and saw a few and formulated a stalk plan, as I got to the top of the rise where I thought they should have been there they were at 300 yards, five minutes later I was tagged out and on way to get the truck. On the way to truck old man called and said he shot crooked horn I went to help him and on the way there heard dad shoot. Helping old man and here comes dad he got a doe. Great morning four antelope down and one was a freaky cool buck.
Day 4 dad hunted all day and didn't see a buck.
Day 5 had a storm during the night and dad the only one still hunting said I'm done so we packed up and headed home.
Great hunt with my dad and the old man he is 75 and held his own. We had a great time the sunsets were awsome and also the scenery, Saw some mule deer does, and also got to see my first jackrabbits. They are huge. Landowner was super nice and even told me about a great unit for bowhunting elk, that he went 5 for 5 in five years on big elk.

got pics resized and uploaded hope they show up

Attachments

• antelope 052 (800x600).jpg
    antelope 052 (800x600).jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 283
  • antelope 056 (800x600).jpg
    antelope 056 (800x600).jpg
    259 KB · Views: 278
  • antelope 064 (800x600).jpg
    antelope 064 (800x600).jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 282
  • antelope 067 (800x600).jpg