Caribou Gear Tarp

SYTES Rehabilitation Inspiration - Photo Thread

Gerald Martin

Eric, I don't know you buddy except from your posts on Hunttalk but I've been inspired by your determination to recover from your accident. I'm sure that along with your PT there is a lot of down time to rest and think. I hope this thread can be a small catalyst in providing a bit of inspiration and encouragement during your recovery. God bless you. I'm praying for your quick recovery. Keep up your determination!

For the rest of us Hunttalkers this is an open invitation to post a picture and word of encouragement for SYTES .

THE HARDER THE TASK, THE SWEETER THE REWARD

Attachments

• 2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 321.jpg
    2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 321.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 847
Hope the best for you. Keep up the PT and you will be packin em out soon.

Attachments

• packing.JPG
    packing.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 822
Thank you from Sytes wife

I just logged on to read Sytes (Charles) posts on this site and saw your new thread. I can't tell you how big of a smile he got from this and from the picture. His comment when I read it to him was (direct quote) "that was straight from the heart - good stuff - all hunt talk right there - thanks guys".

A big thank you from me. :)

Today's mountain today, tomorrow's mountains tomorrow.

Attachments

• elk camp2008 172.jpg
    elk camp2008 172.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 799
I know SYTES likes this picture because he is the one that suggested I turn it into an Oil painting look. I ended up likeing it as well.

Unfortunately, I was a disorganized jack wagon and never got it printed up and sent to him. Have to get on that project again.

P1000954oileffect-1.jpg

Anything is possible. November 21, 2011 my wife was crossing the street, and some drunk in a Suburban blind sided her while she was in the cross walk. A 120lb women versus a 2 ton SUV...

broken femur, skull fractures, hundreds of stitches. 7 operations, and she was finally back on her feet. It's going on 5 months, and she is still progressing, but it's absolutely amazing to see how much better she is after just 5 months.

Stay positive, fight the pain, be patient.

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 759
We live to hunt, and by God, you'll hunt again; get well there's gonna be critters to pack.

No, I mean it, get well. :)

A little inspiration can help anyone!! Here is to the wild places SYTES!!

Attachments

• P1010072.jpg
    P1010072.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 764
Here is a pic of one of SYTES stoves keeping us warm on a 4 day december float/waterfowl hunt. I hope your back to tinkering with stoves and lightweight wall tents really soon.
DSC00154 - Copy.jpg

theat......doesn't seem like you are concerned with bear safety!! That's a heaping helpin' of birds there!

Kansasdad - Not too many bears out in mid december. It was getting down around 10 degrees at night, so we brought the birds inside while we ate dinner to keep them from freezing before we cleaned them.

Wild brook trout over the campfire. It almost seemed like sacrilege to a former flyfishing purist, until the first bite.

Oh, and Charles, my apologies for calling you "Eric" the first time I posted. I must have been tired.:eek:

Attachments

• 2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 174.jpg
    2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 174.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 602
  • 2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 184.jpg
    2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 184.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 604
  • 2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 185.jpg
    2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 185.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 590
  • 2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 052.jpg
    2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 052.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 591
  • 2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 208.jpg
    2011 Snowcrest Elk Hunt 208.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
Glacier Lily - I always like finding these little beauties during spring bear season. Happy Easter! The Saviour is risen indeed!

Attachments

• March07 104.jpg
    March07 104.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 538
In order:
Selway Bitterroot Wilderness as taken from Boulder Peak Looking west into Idaho.
Boulder Lake Selway Bitterroot Wilderness.
Star Falls, Anaconda Pintler Wilderness Area.
Crown Mountain Looking West into Bob Marshall Wilderness, and Scapegoat Wilderness Area's
Crown Mountain, the climb up.
Torrey PK as seen from Tweedy PK, Pioneer Range.

Attachments

• Boulder peak, lake hike 004.jpg
    Boulder peak, lake hike 004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 520
  • Boulder peak, lake hike 019.jpg
    Boulder peak, lake hike 019.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 524
  • P8120422.jpg
    P8120422.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 521
  • P7030414.jpg
    P7030414.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 514
  • P7030407.jpg
    P7030407.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 530
  • P8060026.jpg
    P8060026.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 504
Roaring Lion Canyon, Selway Bitterroot Wilderness Area
Looking North over Ingomar Lake SBWA.

Attachments

• Hunting Roaring lion.jpg
    Hunting Roaring lion.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 506
  • P1010147.jpg
    P1010147.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
Slough Creek
Nearlymadeit.jpg

The walk to majestic lake, size 20 Adams might bring up a fish here:D
Perfectforthedryfly.jpg

Continuing the hike to Majestic lake.
OnourwaytoMajesticLake.jpg

Stunning Majestic lake, just need to hike another 3 miles to get to the fish.
Wow.jpg

A huge UK version of an Elk!
DSCF0010.jpg

Get well soon.
Cheers
Richard

Hope the last couple days have been going well Charles. Tonight I'm taking the kids fishing for the first time this year.

Attachments

• 169_6949.JPG
    169_6949.JPG
    460.4 KB · Views: 474
A lake in the Montana Beartooths

Attachments

• schoolmarm.JPG
    schoolmarm.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 446
  • schoolmarm3.JPG
    schoolmarm3.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 441
Update from Sytes wife

I am sorry I am posting an update on this thread, but couldn't figure out how to post a new one - I am sure it is very easy, but escaping me at the moment. Charles tried to post this earlier, but wasn't able to get it to stick so I am posting it for him (it was done with voice recognition, so I will edit as I am able):

From Charles:
Hey everyone, again thanks for all the well wishes it means a ton to me!

Just a brief update;

I think it has been 4 or 5 days since my last surgery and pain wise I feel very good for my situation.

I'm feeling sensations in my feet, legs and in my lower & upper chest that I hadn't felt before.

Status of rehab:

Yesterday was completed with, exciting as yes a wheelchair can be, mobility outside of my bed. (More or less a first). It is an electric gizmo - so interesting. A little joy stick and all. My physical trainer had me testing mobility maneuverability to see if I could handle the joystick aspect. It was good it was very nice just to be able to get out of bed. Got off the side next to a gent, with a push cart with the tennis balls on the bottom I think you know what I'm talking about... I asked when do I get the upgrade ? I think the pt guy was more excited about the electric Wheelchair at the time however I do have to admit it's just nice to get out of bed. I was actually able to go outside and drive around the sidewalks and shortly after returning inside. That was very nice I actually started laughing not really realizing why I'm laughing. Sometimes it is the small things we overlook.

I hope soon and I believe soon I will start on actual therapy towards working my legs to move in the fashion it started... through this process though I really look forward to that being the primary goal.

Maybe today? Up to this point it's still the work of the pt people helping me get into a chair I cannot do it myself.

Patience.... one step at a time. Have a real nice mental therapist believe it is. He recommended a book called Zen golf. Granted I am a hacker And I Cut more grass than I actually hit balls successfully. I do enjoy the game and I hope to return to it... In the meantime it seems a great book fitting. Might get a better attitude and the needed patience. could be very useful.

Hey now I'm tired of fixing my voice speech recognition. Admittedly, this is been very useful... though even this is testing my patience.

Thanks again everyone I sure appreciate the support

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back