Sweet Meadow!

Fatrack

Do you ever have visions of walking into that meadow where a few bulls wintered, undisturbed and dropped all their antler? Well, this is the closest thing that I've ever found to such a meadow! Made my day!!!

2 Sets and a Single
meadow.jpg

Set #2
Set 2.jpg

Anyone else find that magic zone before where you've picked up multiple horns?

I found that scenario one time on the CMR ,, long time ago, wasn't aware of the rules, had to go put them back,,,, what a day

Nice meadow. I would have to do a few fist pumps.

Back in the 80's I would find places like this fairly often. One day a friend and I found 120. We were almost never out of sight of a shed that day.

Antlerradar

That is awesome. On average, I've found that I hike around 3 miles per shed I find. Finding a meadow like that would be awesome!

Sweet! I would be stoked to find that much horn in separate areas, let alone a single meadow!

The first elk hunt I ever went on in one draw I found five in less than five minutes total on the day was seven they were mostly rag horn five points but that was my meadow experience. Looks like you had a killer day great good.

I found that scenario one time on the CMR ,, long time ago, wasn't aware of the rules, had to go put them back,,,, what a day

Why do these rules even exist? LIke with Bighorns in Montana. In Montana its darn near if not a felony to take a shed off the mountain but in Wyoming you apparently get a congratulations and a pat on the back.

The luck didn't stop in that particular meadow either! This trip turned into a one for the books....its amazing to think that such places exist on our public land!!

IMG_20150213_155016606.jpg

The luck didn't stop in that particular meadow either! This trip turned into a one for the books....its amazing to think that such places exist on our public land!!
View attachment 46895

That is just not fair! :mad: :D

That motivates me. I need to start research for range like that where no people go but I have a feeling these days, In Colorado, it's more about being the first one there.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back