PEAX Equipment

Swarovski vs Other Top Tier Optics

Do some research and you will find that Swarovski, like many others, have had some issues with tracking and rtz. If I was going to spend that kind of money, it would hands down be Nightforce for any application. They are as close to having a bullet-proof scope, as you can get.

Do some research and you will find that Swarovski, like many others, have had some issues with tracking and rtz. If I was going to spend that kind of money, it would hands down be Nightforce for any application. They are as close to having a bullet-proof scope, as you can get.
There's a reason military uses nightforce. That being said I do like the gunwerks Revic PMR. As you dial the elevation turret it displays the yardage you're dialing for within the scope. I'd love to try one but with a 3k price tag, I'm gonna have to wait a bit.

There's a reason military uses nightforce. That being said I do like the gunwerks Revic PMR. As you dial the elevation turret it displays the yardage you're dialing for within the scope. I'd love to try one but with a 3k price tag, I'm gonna have to wait a bit.
Yep. It would be fun to try some of these different scopes, but if I am going to spend that kind of money, I will look no farther than Nightforce. That Revic looks interesting, for sure, but damn that is a lot of money, when I can buy 10 of my fixed SWFA, for that much money.

Last edited:
Yep. It would be fun to try some of these different scopes, but if I am going to spend that kind of money, I will look no farther than Nightforce. That Revic looks interesting, for sure, but damn that is a lot of money, when I can buy 10 of my fixes SWFA, for that much money.
Very expensive, but, they are a great scope for long range shooting. Helps calculate spin drift, Coriolis effect, it'll figure a lot of that into your shot for you. It gets setup for your rifle and bullet. Definitely not for someone not interested in long range shooting.

I don’t have the experience with the class of optics your inquiring about, but I would either ask this on AR15.com or google AR15.com (your topic here) and find threads that pertain to this. I frequent that site and some of the people there have tens of thousands of dollars in optics.

Thanks, I know, I got the answers. I am on AR15.com as well. Just asked here, as it seemed more like a hunting focussed forum, that is all. I got the Swaro Z6i by the way. The Z6i 2.5-15 x56. Had an issue with the diopter wheel but fixed it and it has been awesome since then. The glass IMHO is better than Nightforce, Leca,and Zeiss for hunting applications.

Coming to the one we were talking about, how do the below three compare?

Schmidt & Bender
Swarovski
Leica

I guess I read somewhere Leica glass is the clearest of all. With the S&B’s being good in the dawn and dusk conditions.
Leica and Swarovski will have the same qualities.

Very expensive, but, they are a great scope for long range shooting. Helps calculate spin drift, Coriolis effect, it'll figure a lot of that into your shot for you. It gets setup for your rifle and bullet. Definitely not for someone not interested in long range shooting.
Soon there will probably be a rifle/scope combo that will acquire the target, range it, adjust and kill by itself. The damn thing will sell like crazy. No need for knowledge of ballistics. No need for hours spent wasting ammo in practice. No need for verifying bullet drop. No need even for a trigger puller eventually. I used to think bans on rifle tech were bullcrap. I'm starting to change my mind. mtmuley

Soon there will probably be a rifle/scope combo that will acquire the target, range it, adjust and kill by itself. The damn thing will sell like crazy. No need for knowledge of ballistics. No need for hours spent wasting ammo in practice. No need for verifying bullet drop. No need even for a trigger puller eventually. I used to think bans on rifle tech were bullcrap. I'm starting to change my mind. mtmuley
But would I still have to get out of my truck? If friggin cold out there.

In the development stages. mtmuley
I agree it takes away from it. This still leaves some of it to the shooter. It's not quite the eliminator 3 from Burris lol. They're pretty neat tho. I probably wouldn't buy one, unless I fell into a lot of money with nothing else to spend it on. A dope card works pretty well for me. I've got caps coming I can put a card in to make it even more discrete!

meopta meostar R2 takes a back seat to no one. buy 2 of them for $3,000. best darn cs in the biz too imho. i have leica visus and zeiss conquest v4 and they all are great scopes. i wouldn't pay swaro money as from what i've been told the meopta meostar especially the R2 series is about 95% of what the swaro is in brightness and low light performance. i do own 1 meopta meostar R2 3-12x56mm and its great and bright in low light conditions.
good luck,
Big Ed

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back