MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Swarovski binocs

SPOTTED OWL

I'm ready to get a pair of 10x42. Where is the best place to buy them?The best price I can find is 1179.00 plus freight.

Thanks,

Bryan

Be sure to go to SWFA.com and check The Sample List. They have some really great deals on Show models and remanufactured items. New product warranty and papers and a sizeable discount from retail.

:cool:

Owl- B&H Photo has them for $1069 and that includes the bino-suspender set up...here's the link

B&H Photo

Can also get them for $1039 at D&R Sports... a few sheckles cheaper anyway!

Try to go with another brand. Swarovski is a sponsor and supporter of US Outfitters. We contacted Swarovski and never got any response. USO won their lawsuit in Az and is now suing Nevada and Wyoming.
Leicas are great, and if you have to go with Swarovski, try Kahles, they are made by Swaro but are cheaper.

screw that!

Go with the swarvorski's! If you USO outfitters was sponsored by every gun manufacturer you want him to give up guns too?

Get the 10x42, swarvorski's are awesome, get nothing less!

I haven't tried Kahles, but I have tried Lieca's.. For my money, they are better than Swarovski.. Not much cheaper, but a little bit..

Dan,

I did go to SWFA. It had some used ones, but they were pretty close to new price. I also am concerned about the warranty. As far as Leica goes, most people think they are the best. I have looked thru some, and they are great.
The best price I could find was 1400 and change for the 10x42 model.Thats getting out of my range. Let me know if there is a better price out there closer to the Swarvoski price.

Thanks!

I bought a pair of swaro 10x42 last summer from ol bob!

They were a bit cheaper last year than now ....... I think.
SWEET!

I am in love with them except for 2 things.
one>I used a crooked horn bino system and they are just heavy enough
that the straps slip and when you step over deadfall the binos swing out and wack me in the nuts :eek: SERIOUSLY
I have since bought this thing Moosie uses that is like a chest pouch
PROBLEM ONE FIXED (but I kind of feel like a big kangeroo now :D )

two>My first bama deer hunt was thanksgiving ........... here its a hunt till
dark thing. So when its VERY late I found I could watch 3 mature bucks crossing a field and I could not find them in my leupold 4x14x40 rifle scope.
the good news is I found the travel route of 3 mature bucks and I expect to put an arrow thru one tomorrow afternoon late, or maybe saturday afternoon.
The point is the stiener 8x30 that these swaro's retired would not have seen that late to view the 3 bucks.

I will own these swaros for MANY years so the cost will be diluted over time.
AWESOME OPTICS!

Oh yeah, screw not buying something because someone you dont like uses them.
Remember, it all about YOU man!

1st, I think you're mistaken about Sworov's and USO outfitters. Recheck it, I heard they dumped them.

2nd, I have the 8x32's and like them better then the 10x42. I was hunting with IDBugler and he has the 10x and I have the 8x and I could scan the hillside better with mine then his. Althuogh he found deer better he;'s jsut a deer finding machine. He could find um better with mine if I was using his... But personal pref I will keep the 8x's after thinking about dumping them as a BAck up pair and Buying the 10x's. I'll stick with the 8x's and I'm going to buy Swarov's Spotting scope for the far scouting for next year :D

PS, I do like my bino system well... even though I look like a 'Roo too :D

Spotted Owl, Don't worry about the warranty for glass you buy off of the Sample List. If they are used, it's clearly stated. All of the 'remanufactured' glass on there is factory done and comes with a new product warranty. They will put that in writing for you. I was apprehensive at first also, but I've never had a problem with anything I've purchased from there.

I dont know if you have made a purchase yet but if the USO thing really does bother you, give the Zeiss a good long look. About the same money as Swaro and usually a bit cheaper and every bit as good. The upper line Bausch&Lomb's which are now all called Bushnell are top notch as well for far cheaper along with Nikons top stuff. I really Like Swaro's products but have been able to match them for alot less money.

My binos are 8x32 Zeiss's and I love them. I agree with Moosie I like the 8X for a larger feild of view. When I want to zoom in on something, thats what the spotter is for or if its in shooting range, my scope is a 4-16 that offers double the power for a good look. Also the lower the power the brighter. I would really like a 7 or 8 power pair in a 40mm that would be the cats meow right there I think.

I have the Swarovski SLC 10x42 and they were the best optics I have ever had. I always wanted a some real good binos and the opportunity came along for me to get them at cost, so how could I go wrong. I use the Crooked Horn system and love the set up.

What is this Kangaroo Pouch thing? Is it the Bino Sock?

I have used a lot of different binos over the past 40 yrs.; this was as a part of my employment as well as for recreation. I often would glass for 5-8 hrs. per day, while working for the B.C.F.S., Alberta Forest Service and Canadian Coast Guard.

I recently tested a group of binos as I may buy another to replace my 30 yr. old Zeiss Nato I.F. glass, I tried Swaovski, Zeiss FL and Leica Ultravids in 10x, although I prefer 8x. I don't care about the relative prices, I want the best bino available. I also checked out Bushnell "Elites", Nikons, Kahles and several others.

At this time, I would pick the Leica Ultravid, the Zeiss FL and then the Swarovski, in that order, so, I will buy the Ultravids. I prefer a glass that weighs about 1.5 lbs. for backpack, alpine hunting and for stability while glassing for long periods. I do not like the hinge arrangement on the Swaro ELs as it seems flimsy to me; this could allow the bino to come out of collimation.

A really topline bino is one of the relatively few outdoor equipment purchases where spending the big bucks is both financially sound and more field effective, IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back