Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Swap hunts?

I'm a lot further away than your friend from MO, but we do have some good whitetail hunting everything from farmland to foothills of the Adirondack mountain hunts. I have hunted them in various ways from old school deer drives to stand hunting. I have access to 2-3 nice camps on both private and public lands. The camps range from out houses to full bathrooms, one with a shower and the other two don't but do have showers close by. two are wood heated and one is propane. Sleeping quarters range from a couch to a bunk room with beds.

I have never hunted elk before so anything will be a treat for me. The physical part of the hunt would be the hardest thing for me, I'm a disabled vet with two bad shoulders and a bad back. However just seeing the country and the animals from a far would be a dream come true.

I have done it and it was great. I had never hunted whitetail and an friend that had never hunted elk. I went to Missouri and shot a doe after very slow buck sightings an missed my one and only opportunity. He came out to Oregon and I took him elk hunting ( cow). He also missed and small opportunity and learned what its like to hunt in the mountains compared to his home Missouri. We both had a great time with the new experiences. We plan to do it again.

I think its a great concept as long as both parties are like minded and interested in trophy hunting. Just having fun and learning new things. For me learning to sit in a stand. I ll take my 3 mile walk into the back-country, and another 3-4 per day, compared to trying to figure out how to climb up in those damn things and sit there.

I might come up for a weekend and join you Crossbow. It's nice to make a kill but I've always had a good time in deer camp.

I think the thing is finding equivalent hunts... my fathernlaw has been trying to swap a hunt on his place in CO for mule deer, with a voucher, for a whitetail deer hunt back east of equivalent caliber of animals... 160+ mulie for potential at a 120+ whitetail but he has never found anyone to play ball. Apparently for how much easterners complain about tags, and access in the west they wont even engage in a conversation about hunting their spot.

I have excellent deer hunting in Iowa.....if you father in law is wanting to swap a hunt. I would be very interested.

I'm always willing to consider swaps to australia. Currently working away at something with a guy from the states planning on putting him on a fallow buck and sambar stag here, maybe some red stags and a bit of bird hunting and kangaroo culling.

If anyone is interested it's spot and stalk or backpack hunting mostly for the above species and a couple more.

Always open to chatting with blokes about hunting even if it's just advice and not a swap ��

I appreciate the offer but my world traveling days I left behind me in the Air Force, just want to see more of my own country now. If anyone else wants to travel across the pond to hunt in Australia have at it and contact the Aussie Hunter.

I'm always willing to consider swaps to australia. Currently working away at something with a guy from the states planning on putting him on a fallow buck and sambar stag here, maybe some red stags and a bit of bird hunting and kangaroo culling.

If anyone is interested it's spot and stalk or backpack hunting mostly for the above species and a couple more.

Always open to chatting with blokes about hunting even if it's just advice and not a swap ��

Still open to swapping hunts within the US. I have plenty of wilderness hunting and fishing to offer. A warm dry place to stay. Open to suggestions! Crossbowguy

I've done a couple of swap hunts now, both have been great. As Glass eye says, the key thing is to go with attitude that you want to experience a different hunt and don't get too hung up on the comparative size of trophies or market values of the two hunts. The big draw for me is the relationship you form with your swap hunt partner, it leads to a much richer experience than just paying a guide.

I've done a couple of swap hunts now, both have been great. As Glass eye says, the key thing is to go with attitude that you want to experience a different hunt and don't get too hung up on the comparative size of trophies or market values of the two hunts. The big draw for me is the relationship you form with your swap hunt partner, it leads to a much richer experience than just paying a guide.

I totally agree Andy! I'm not looking for anything special, just an opportunity to hunt someplace different and see new country.

2017bear.jpg2017eight.jpg2017seven.jpg
2017 hunting success on my property

ATTACH]85737[/ATTACH]
and the neighbor across the road!

Attachments

• 2017neighbor.jpg
    2017neighbor.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 125
I really like the idea but I think it works best internationally. It takes an obvious commitment to make it work, and if you're hunting public land, you know the people you're dealing with are unlikely to be in "your spot" opening morning of the next year.

I have 800 acres of Family private land and 300+ acres I own personally.

I really like the idea but I think it works best internationally. It takes an obvious commitment to make it work, and if you're hunting public land, you know the people you're dealing with are unlikely to be in "your spot" opening morning of the next year.

Sorry Crossbowguy, I wasn't referring to you specifically but rather using the indefinite pronoun. It would have been better to say "if one is hunting public land".

But it works here ... say if I was to trade you joining our elk camp for me hunting your farm, I obviously couldn't show up at your farm in the future but there's really nothing preventing you and/or your buddies from hunting exactly where our elk camp is the next year. A lot less risk if there is an ocean between. :D

No worries Vanish. You tell me where, when and what I need and I'd be there. I would print out the map and how to get to my place even pick you up at the Syracuse NY airport if you wanted to fly in. NYS non-resident licenses are over the counter and you can get them when you got here. Just message me if that's something your interested in.

Sorry Crossbowguy, I wasn't referring to you specifically but rather using the indefinite pronoun. It would have been better to say "if one is hunting public land".

But it works here ... say if I was to trade you joining our elk camp for me hunting your farm, I obviously couldn't show up at your farm in the future but there's really nothing preventing you and/or your buddies from hunting exactly where our elk camp is the next year. A lot less risk if there is an ocean between. :D

Hey guys. I live in east central FL. I have private land gator tags, and hold the nuisance contract with FWC for the nuisance gators in my county. This allows me to take gators year round without having to deal with the lottery draw public season. I also have access to roughly 2000 acres of private citrus grove for hog hunting. I would like to find someone who would like to come down and kill a gator or two and a couple hogs in exchange for a deer hunt somewhere in the Midwest/west. It would be for me and a buddy so if you have a buddy to bring down that would be great. We would really rather bow hunt but we’re open to rifle hunting if it’s the only option. I have traded with a couple guys in the past and they all left with alligators. Give me a call or text if interested.
Daniel
772-538-9047

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back